Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needed WHMCS/HostBill Modules?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Needed WHMCS/HostBill Modules?

serverianserverian Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hello,

Have you ever wanted to have something integrated with WHMCS/HostBill but couldn't find the solution? I bet you did.

Or are you using a module but you'd like to have some additional/different features on it? If so, care to explain?

Disclaimer: This is a market research for a potential WHMCS/HostBill module development company.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I think most all of us would answer yes to this

• @Fliphost, yes but need examples! :)

• @serverian, just take a look in the whmcs market forum and you wil get tons of examples.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Looking for a WHMCS module that interacts directly with OpenVZ nodes for clients and admin, while not being encoded by ioncube :)

• @jarland, you really want to do that on WHMCS? I doubt it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@serverian said: you really want to do that on WHMCS? I doubt it.

I've kicked around the idea, but obviously increases the need for excessive security ;)

• I would love a module that would interface with VMware ESXi. I can dream...

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hourly billing for cloud is something I see lacking. WHMCS doesn't have it and HostBill's is broken (or so I'm told).

• Well, i would be interested in a modified paypal module for WHMCS. The idea is to be able to use Authorize & Capture for some payments (i.e. for loarger than X amout or for some product categories, etc.).
    For instance the customer orders a dedicated server and authorizes the payment.
    The staff can review the payment and reject it right away if the details don't match. And when the server is ready to be delivered - the staff can capture the payment.

• marcmmarcm Member

I really wanted to like HostBill but... it has allot of little bugs here and there, and to top of that now the branded license costs $400. I didn't think that it was worth the $200 I paid. WHMCS might lack here and there but... it is modular and can be extended. The other annoying think that I have found about HostBill is that instead of the developer(s) focusing on ironing out current bugs, every new release comes with its own set of bugs.

I would like to see a similar feature as well @rds100. Currently we are working on a security module for WHMCS and on two themes based on Twitter Bootstrap. We're also making matching WP themes for easier integration. I really enjoy developing for WHMCS. I admit that for two to three days last year I was wowed by HostBill, but it quickly wore off.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

I want a catch all module that simply allows me to specify what is ran on the destination server.

e.g.

Module Name: WHMCSanything

Module allows me to add 'runners' each runner will run what ever I specify on the destination server. e.g. /scripts/ctreate1.sh

Module allows me to specify what to run on cancellation/termination too.

Create package, Specify server group, select runner.

And that's it.

Seems so simple as an idea but allows me to essentially use 1 module to do what ever I want.

So give me a quote on that :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Nick_A modulesgarden has something similar

• Everyone's answer would be yes to this!

• We can assist you with any WHMCS module. We can create it from scratch or modify the current one to suit your needs. Nothing is impossible.