Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS security update - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS security update

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@snelweg said: NOT A FIX: copy an old dbconnect.php file to your root

Would this work?
    ln -s init.php dbconnect.php

• @KuJoe said: Would this work?

ln -s init.php dbconnect.php

Nope. Also if you start doing things like that your going to break newer modules because the modules are going to look for init.php and presume your on 5.2+

• I do not recommend anyone to upgrade to 5.2.1, it's COMPLETLY BROKEN.

• Service provisioning broken: server can't be assigned
    • Custom fields regexp validation on order forms broken.

And a lot more minor bugs....

• So far only issue I've had is SolusVM, updating to today's release fixed all that.

• @gnugeek said: I do not recommend anyone to upgrade to 5.2.1, it's COMPLETLY BROKEN.

Service provisioning broken: server can't be assigned
    Custom fields regexp validation on order forms broken.

And a lot more minor bugs....

Your right about the Service provisioning. It's not saving in the database. It happens on all products and all modules.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@24khost said: @superpilesos Problem is when they right it, it looks secure. if something changes in the php kernel then an exploit is found in a function that they were using. It happens. It happens to most if not all software companies. Apple, Microsoft, RedHat, Unbuntu. It is a fact of life with software.

This is entirely irrelevant to WHMCS. WHMCS code is not secure, and its vulnerabilities have nothing to do with the "PHP kernel" (what?) whatsoever.

• FYI - WHMCS have a patch for the server dropdown issue. You just need to request it from them.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2013

Whats a PHP kernel? :P

• Php kernel.... I don't even....

• fislefisle Member

not using superior GNU/php distribution

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

I mean.. damn.. php kernel, that is good.

• Its realy simple, they have a big QA problem. We are talking about CRITICAL bugs regarding basic whmcs usage and its IMPOSSIBLE they could not realize with a basic testing. Why they released it?

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited March 2013

@joepie91 Was wondering how long before some coding people started reading this. Lol! php kernel!!!!! it was rich!!!!

• Just a word of advice.. Don't upgrade to v5.2!

It's issue after issue at the minute.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

After applied the patch we face paypal transaction issue and domain checker and lookup integration issue. WHMCS already fixed paypal issue but still they didn't fix domain lookup integration issue. Still waiting for whmcs support response. :(

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@soluslabs said: Just a word of advice.. Don't upgrade to v5.2!

I'm literally waiting until you say I should :/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

VirtPanel module works :P

haha

• @Nick_A said: I'm literally waiting until you say I should :/

Wait for v5.2.2 It should be out shortly.

• @soluslabs said: Wait for v5.2.2 It should be out shortly.

Don't you mean a silent re-release of 5.2.1 so people don't actually know what version they have!

• Anyone knows if I have a leased license from Chicago VPS, and does not have a direct account with WHMCS, would I be able to get the latest update? On ChicagoVPS website only 5.1.2 is available for download...

• Have the issues with 5.2.1 been fixed with the release of 5.2.2?

• Just installed the incremental 5.2.2 patch. Most of the broken stuff that I detected seems to be working now. Most addons also seems to be working again. I pray that most issues have been fixed with this patch :)

• @icySrv said: Just installed the incremental 5.2.2 patch. Most of the broken stuff that I detected seems to be working now. Most addons also seems to be working again. I pray that most issues have been fixed with this patch :)

Just updated myself, no issues as of yet except needing to manually do the SolusVM updated - but that was expected.

• Clients are unable to set their own passwords for cPanel accounts. Before, it was only slightly broken, now it's completely fucked.

Clients are still unable to work through a WHMCS password request on their own.

Amazon Simple Pay still doesn't work.

Cancellation notices still have the reason "End of Billing Period" regardless of what the user actually typed.

I'm sure there's still other things that are broken; these are the things i've discovered in the past 20 minutes since i've installed the update.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

This is ridiculous ...

We have updated to 5.2.2, and updated the whmcs/solus module to v3.15 - still banging my head on the wall - nothing works.

WHMCS is not worth all this hassle to be honest. Now I am just wishing that I have gotten hostbill in the first place hhhh

• @rsk said: WHMCS is not worth all this hassle to be honest.

I would guess that you have not used it for very long? It's brilliant, when it works, and they're being efficient about fixing problems.

This is a major version change; it really should have been named 6.0, not 5.2.

@Damian said: I would guess that you have not used it for very long? It's brilliant, when it works, and they're being efficient about fixing problems.

@Damian This is a major version change; it really should have been named 6.0, not 5.2.

I have used it since about 2009 or even a bit before. I do agree, when it works, its amazing. Otherwise, it is just a pain in the ass.

@Damian well, lets be honest. The only thing that remains now is to get the solus module working.

• @rsk said: The only thing that remains now is to get the solus module working.

Solus is working 100% fine on our install of 5.2.2, and it's like the only thing that's working fine. Are you using the updated module from http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/228053#Comment_228053 ?

@Damian Phill actually told me to use v3.15 ... The link you posted is v3.14.

Wait .. does this mean more problems with other modules too? -,-