Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Asian providers that have good routes to mainland China? And VPS Providers IN mainland China? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Asian providers that have good routes to mainland China? And VPS Providers IN mainland China?

Comments

• @thatix said:

@Jonchun said:
    Vultr Tokyo - Craps out to China
    Most HK providers - Craps out to China
    Conoha - Craps out to China

Looks like you are on China Telecom :)

Didn't see any problem from China Unicom/China Mobile with the provider you stated above(JPIX for CM and NTT direct for CU,maybe some congestion during rush hours)

Kinda contradict to

@Jonchun said:
    I'm not from Mainland China.

ping.chinaz?

• idcf and Sakura is best for china mainland

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited July 2016

@qibinghua said:
    idcf and Sakura is best for china mainland

Thanks! I'll look into those although I'm not sure they accept foreigners.

Any ideas on VPS inside mainland china?

I've looked at:
    starrydns (contacting them. maybe they'll have space for me)

• @Jonchun said:

@qibinghua said:

I've looked at:

Are you Japanese? How did you understand Ablenet :D Not even Google Translate can help me lol

• @ManofServer said:

@Jonchun said:

@qibinghua said:

I've looked at:

Are you Japanese? How did you understand Ablenet :D Not even Google Translate can help me lol

Ablenet's site seems fine for me with google translate. They even provide basic english support if you email them. Try their VPS page?

https://www.ablenet.jp/vps/index.html

Also what I like to do is look at the bottom left of chrome when hovering links because the name of the web url is often more helpful to telling me what's on the page than what the translation says.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

ManofServer said: How did you understand Ablenet :D Not even Google Translate can help me lol

Jonchun said: Ablenet's site seems fine for me with google translate.

If you can't find the >>English link on the Ablenet website, I honestly don't know how anything can help you.

Thanked by 2ManofServer netomx
  • @rm_ said:

ManofServer said: How did you understand Ablenet :D Not even Google Translate can help me lol

Jonchun said: Ablenet's site seems fine for me with google translate.

If you can't find the >>English link on the Ablenet website, I honestly don't know how anything can help you.

Oh derp. I think I clicked that at one point too haha. I've been on so many Japanese sites I don't remember.

https://www.ablenet.jp/vps/index_en.html

@manofserver

in case you needed it.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Ablenet is rubbish

• VPS inside mainland china ? aliyun.com qcloud.com

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited July 2016

@qibinghua said:
    VPS inside mainland china ? aliyun.com qcloud.com

I've seen these and are investigating. However, not exactly what I'm looking for. I just need a cheapo vps that will take almost 0 bandwidth and won't be hosting websites or anything. I just want to test pings outside to check if GFW is blocking IPs.

edit: nvm aliyun looks great. cant figure out qcloud so will have a chinese contact do it for me.

edit2: looks like qcloud starts at ~$10/mo which isn't bad. However googletranslate is telling me stuff about Taiwan. Are they located in Taiwan or mainland China?

any other suggestions? i contacted starrydns.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

Jonchun said: I've seen these and are investigating. However, not exactly what I'm looking for. I just need a cheapo vps that will take almost 0 bandwidth and won't be hosting websites or anything. I just want to test pings outside to check if GFW is blocking IPs.

Taiwan test ip sent to you via PM, I am sure IP isn't block by GFW.

• @jenok said:

Jonchun said: I've seen these and are investigating. However, not exactly what I'm looking for. I just need a cheapo vps that will take almost 0 bandwidth and won't be hosting websites or anything. I just want to test pings outside to check if GFW is blocking IPs.

Taiwan test ip sent to you via PM, I am sure IP isn't block by GFW.

Thanks for the offer. You misunderstood my request though :)

• @Jonchun I heard that the speed limit ablenet not allow foreign-registered ah!

• zxbzxb Member

@Jonchun said:

@qibinghua said:

I've seen these and are investigating. However, not exactly what I'm looking for. I just need a cheapo vps that will take almost 0 bandwidth and won't be hosting websites or anything. I just want to test pings outside to check if GFW is blocking IPs.

edit: nvm aliyun looks great. cant figure out qcloud so will have a chinese contact do it for me.

edit2: looks like qcloud starts at ~$10/mo which isn't bad. However googletranslate is telling me stuff about Taiwan. Are they located in Taiwan or mainland China?

Qcloud is run by Tencent, and is definitely in mainland. It does have HK servers (Aliyun have that as well).

Another option is www.qingcloud.com.

There are many small VPS providers but I cant recommend any of them. Cheaper but not worth the trouble.

If you're just pinging stuff, are you interested in Docker containers? Will be much cheaper.

• @zxb said:

@Jonchun said:

@qibinghua said:

Qcloud is run by Tencent, and is definitely in mainland. It does have HK servers (Aliyun have that as well).

Another option is www.qingcloud.com.

There are many small VPS providers but I cant recommend any of them. Cheaper but not worth the trouble.

If you're just pinging stuff, are you interested in Docker containers? Will be much cheaper.

I'm interested in anything that provides me with a dedicated ipv4 and is run by a semi-large provider. I'm essentially looking to "clone" ping.chinaz

Do you have any examples of docker hosting in mainland china?

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited July 2016

I know a provider(in private) can fulfill some of your requirements, but on what budget we're talking about?

EDIT:

@Jonchun said:
    While Linode Tokyo is out of stock

Linode Tokyo "KVM" is out of stock currently, however if your account is old enough then XEN machines are still having plenty of rooms to afford VM creations.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@Jonchun can you please give/send test ip addresses what i can mtr/ping for you? i can post the results. im quite sure i can be helpful.

• @estnoc said:
    @Jonchun can you please give/send test ip addresses what i can mtr/ping for you? i can post the results. im quite sure i can be helpful.

target woudl be all of china. so any tests from ping.chinaz would be helpful

• gigavestgigavest Member
    edited July 2016

@Jonchun said:

@estnoc said:

Dear Jonchun,

We are able to offer 512MB KVM VPS in Singapore with direct peering to CT and CU at $7/month.

Thanks!

• lootloot Member

You can't clone pingz because while they got a lot of tools that are quite handy their 92 ping sites are filled with either cloud IPs that don't actually geolocate to the purported locations and irrelevant double sites in cities of no importance like Bengbu, Anhui (there, I said it), while skipping out both by political design and likely cost/reliability in some of the more relevant places. I'm running something that's akin to the thing off servers in light manufacturing plants that make things that a lot of you probably have in your home (my family business is basically buying up shit overseas and making shit for foreigners) and very quickly we realized it's a complete waste of time to set up anywhere that's not in the greater-greater Beijing-Tianjin/Shanghai-Jiangnan/Guangdong/Shenzhen and Sichuan areas. The infrastructure elsewehre is just too inconsistent to give you any worthwhile numbers and you also have to call in favors and rely on literally people running this stuff off ADSL lines. The interesting one would be running one in a more troubled area of Xinjiang than a melon farm or in Tibet but it's really only interesting on paper, because I'll probably have better tangible results if I just took a vacation there and brought my laptop.

Your peering is state controlled regardless, there are chokepoints in HK, between the city and rural areas, and between economically important provinces and the less economically important ones. You're not gonna learn anything new, just waste a lot of time and resources and probably get scammed a few times. There's a real push to go cloud in China and while I don't necessarily think that model is consistent with a lot of usage patterns in the west in China it actually does make sense to pool resources and have a modicum of centralized control purely because there's such a legacy and polarization that it fits the scheme, and so why not just shoot for west.cn or Aliyun (don't know how you'd order their services without Alipay or a Chinese bank account, btw) and see? BTW, bandwidth is super fucking expensive and people love Windows machines. If you're really deadset though, check out Chinahost.org and you can see all th drama, the ridiculously cheap prices, the scams, and the mystery of Raksmart (fake American host) and the cult of Bandwagonhost (which I am 100% certain is both a huge shill operation and a joke that nobody got cuz it doesn't work in Chinese), either way, essentially the Chinese version of this board with only a little bit more shilling.

@gigavest said:

@Jonchun said:

@estnoc said:

Dear Jonchun,

We are able to offer 512MB KVM VPS in Singapore with direct peering to CT and CU at $7/month.

Thanks!

@gigavest can you please provide test ip of that networking where you have DIRECT peering to ct anc cu and you can sell vps with 7bucks a month? or show mtr.

• Did you consider alibaba cloud? They are well established (at least their shop is) and kinda much the AWS of China. The prices are quite fine

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @estnoc said:

@gigavest said:

@Jonchun said:

@estnoc said:

Dear Jonchun,

Thanks!

@gigavest can you please provide test ip of that networking where you have DIRECT peering to ct anc cu and you can sell vps with 7bucks a month? or show mtr.

http://kvm1sg.gigavest.com/lg/

Thanked by 1gigavest
  • thatixthatix Member

@estnoc said:

@gigavest said:

@Jonchun said:

@estnoc said:

Dear Jonchun,

Thanks!

It's directly peered with CT/CU/CM and as a customer I can assure you, however the price is affordable,unlike someone who thought their bandwidth can be even expensive than Aliyun(Yes , I am talking about 20€ 200GB stuff ) :)

Thanked by 1gigavest
    edited July 2016

@thatix said:

@estnoc said:

@gigavest said:

@Jonchun said:

@estnoc said:

Dear Jonchun,

Thanks!

It's directly peered with CT/CU/CM and as a customer I can assure you, however the price is affordable,unlike someone who thought their bandwidth can be even expensive than Aliyun(Yes , I am talking about 20€ 200GB stuff ) :)

show me the direct peering with china telecom right here? and exactly THAT is why all the market places are full of so called "direct china traffic" crap offers with 7usd a month. REAL china direct will put several times higher price than that actually. Anyone who have doubts, please send price quote for real chinese traffic for example, to pccw, ntt, simcentric or someone else who can provide it, and after doing this, you all will understand.

• @estnoc said:

@thatix said:

@estnoc said:

@gigavest said:

@Jonchun said:

@estnoc said:

Dear Jonchun,

Thanks!

show me the direct peering with china telecom right here? and exactly THAT is why all the market places are full of so called "direct china traffic" crap offers with 7usd a month. REAL china direct will put several times higher price than that actually. Anyone who have doubts, please send price quote for real chinese traffic for example, to pccw, ntt, simcentric or someone else who can provide it, and after doing this, you all will understand.

Well, do you think it is possible to have latency of ~80ms if it is going from SG to USA to China?

@gigavest you told you have direct china telecom and china unicom. it is not direct.

• @estnoc said:
    @gigavest you told you have direct china telecom and china unicom. it is not direct.

Correction: Our provider in Singapore has direct peering to CT and CU and we are paying them for premium route to China.

• thatixthatix Member
    edited July 2016

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| OPENWRT - 0 | 15 | 15 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |

| 0.0.0.0 - 0 | 15 | 15 | 1 | 4 | 14 | 6 |

| 139.226.. - 0 | 15 | 15 | 2 | 6 | 31 | 3 |

| 139.226.. - 0 | 15 | 15 | 1 | 4 | 10 | 10 |

| 219.158.6.214 - 0 | 15 | 15 | 28 | 30 | 36 | 36 |

| 219.158.103.218 - 10 | 11 | 10 | 34 | 36 | 38 | 34 |

| 219.158.103.30 - 0 | 15 | 15 | 38 | 41 | 46 | 42 |

| pos2-1.br01.hkg05.pccwbtn.net - 60 | 5 | 2 | 0 | 42 | 43 | 42 |

| TenGE0-2-0-14.br03.sin02.pccwbtn.net - 8 | 13 | 12 | 87 | 89 | 91 | 90 |

| TenGE0-2-0-14.br03.sin02.pccwbtn.net - 0 | 15 | 15 | 86 | 88 | 91 | 90 |

|newmedia.te1-0-20.br03.sin02.pccwbtn.net - 0 | 15 | 15 | 87 | 90 | 95 | 92 |

| 103-47-208-18.ip4.readyserver.sg - 0 | 15 | 15 | 89 | 91 | 105 | 91 |

| 103-47-208-22.ip4.readyserver.sg - 0 | 15 | 15 | 88 | 91 | 97 | 92 |

| 45-125-195-42.ip4.readyserver.sg - 0 | 15 | 15 | 83 | 86 | 93 | 88 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|_____

@estnoc said:

Looks like a direct path to me :)

AND there are many other providers (maybe not in LET range but still CHEAPER than your's plan) has great connectivity to China mainland
    e.g. Aliyun offers 2TB bandwidth every month until the end of 2016 for 8$/mo in HK and SG location with AS4809 connected, their conventional plan, is still affordable than your's philipine stuff :)

Edited:you even flagged a PCCW backbone node that has PTR records of "sin02" as a node in the US, looks funny to me :)
    Are you blind or something?

Thanked by 1gigavest
  • Well, the most important here is our current customers is satisfied with our network to China now. Although it craps outs sometimes during peak hour in China.