Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks Prometeus/Rage4.. NOT - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thanks Prometeus/Rage4.. NOT

2»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

dragon2611 said: I moved the last few zones I cared about elsewhere

I figure most people will do this. I am sorry for this issue, especially the mistakenly deleted zones.

• Fair enough, it was a mistake, they happen, I've had a bit of a moan and am over it now.

• pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited July 2016

I'm looking forward to finally know the new prices. I will stay if there is an is an offer comparable to DME's entry pricing (and with comparable query counting).

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Well its its a free add-on, add-on being the word, you had fair warning the day you purchased it.

Since when does add-on mean anything goes?

• ElChileElChile Member
    edited July 2016

I had a account paid to Nov, 2016, with active zones.
    Account terminated with no notice of any kind and no account credit or refund for the unused 4+ months.
    Thanks Prometheus,

edited July 2016

ElChile said: I had a account paid to Nov, 2016, with active zones.

Account terminated with no notice of any kind and no account credit or refund for the unused 4+ months.
    Thanks Prometheus,

I am really sorry for this, please open a ticket to see how we can solve it.

• edited July 2016

@ElChile said:
    Thanks Prometheus

I don't understand the need for the sarcasm.

Either post your issue in a mature way or open up a ticket directly with Prometeus.

Thanked by 2gbshouse netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

HackedServer said: Since when does add-on mean anything goes?

Well I mean it was an add-on with a paid product, if the paid product is gone then its kinda obvious the free bit is also gone, that's the way i would think about it anyway, perhaps I am wrong.

Anyway it was obviously a mistake, its all over now :)

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2016

I have a $15/y rage4 with prometeus.

So, (edit: "I'm") curious to see the new pricing as well. If it's capped to 100k-1M q/m, I probably won't (edit : pay" have to pay ") much more for a handful of personal geo rules.

vimalware said: I have a $15/y rage4 with prometeus.

We will obviously refund it. Looking at the bright side: at least wasnt deleted...

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Maounique said: A basic replacement is already in: https://www.prometeus.net/billing/index.php?m=DNSManager2. It uses our PoPs in EU for now.

This is free for current customers? regardless of service? i mean i have no iwstack, currently, just normal vps

• @Maounique said:

vimalware said: I have a $15/y rage4 with prometeus.

We will obviously refund it. Looking at the bright side: at least wasnt deleted...

I wasn't complaining. Prometeus has always done right by me .

I'm guessing this short warning change was a surprise for rage4 partners as well.

• KobeKobe Member

What about upgrading to the bighitters: Amazon Route53 and Google Cloud DNS?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Free DNS "add-on" with cloud/VPS provider? Even highly reputable one - thanks but no thanks. Especially when using multiple providers. Ditto re domain registrars. I prefer using a third party service like CloudFlare directly. Rage4's a great alternative if you want vanity DNS or geolocation. Otherwise CloudFlare wins hands down. Still looking for Rage4 to decide on a pricing strategy that will make sense to me. So far it's been a bit of a mess, sure looking forward to upcoming changes :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @aglodek said:
    Otherwise CloudFlare wins hands down

All nameservers under the same domain, all name servers in the same network.

I don't think that is a "hands down" win, the free is certainly compelling, however there are some things worth considering.

Thanked by 1aglodek

jcaleb said: This is free for current customers? regardless of service? i mean i have no iwstack, currently, just normal vps

Yes, free for all, however, it is only basic service at this point with replicated database in 3 PoPs. If there is demand, we may create our own advanced system.

• rds100rds100 Member

There was another DNS service in the past, dns4pro or something like that. What happened with it? Did the owner decided to close it?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Maounique said: If there is demand, we may create our own advanced system.

Please do so, need geo dns, failover ability and 5s TTL.

• tommytommy Member

@rds100 said:
    There was another DNS service in the past, dns4pro or something like that. What happened with it? Did the owner decided to close it?

It still there :D I used dns4pro for my personal domain

API no longer worked for months and there was no ETA for fixing it, so we supposed was dead then moved to offer rage4 instead...

rds100 said: There was another DNS service in the past, dns4pro or something like that. What happened with it? Did the owner decided to close it?

Thanked by 2jcaleb vimalware
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Maounique said: 3 PoPs

curious to know the locations

From West to East: Dronten NL, Milano IT, Bucharest RO.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited July 2016

@josephb said:

@aglodek said:
    Otherwise CloudFlare wins hands down

All nameservers under the same domain, all name servers in the same network.

Wut?

I don't think that is a "hands down" win, the free is certainly compelling, however there are some things worth considering.

Yep, all things considered, with a ton of domains in hand, only alternative to CloudFlare would be setting up own DNS, but no time to do this yet…

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2016

@Maounique said:
    API no longer worked for months and there was no ETA for fixing it, so we supposed was dead then moved to offer rage4 instead...

>

Please grow a nice API in DNSproV2 .
    Advanced features can be released when they are really ready.

Prometeus will be around for years, after the VC cloud startups burn all their cash.
    It is known.

• GulfGulf Member

Which network is better - Prometeus or LeaseWeb?

• Gulf said: Which network is better - Prometeus or LeaseWeb?

Depends on location. Prometeus Italy were so much better than Leaseweb US for me

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • GulfGulf Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Depends on location. Prometeus Italy were so much better than Leaseweb US for me

NL Premium or DE Premium