Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS points to a prohibited IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebGuruWebGuru Member
edited July 2016 in Help

Facing this weird issue i am using CloudFlare in front of my website and users have no problem accessing the pages i also tried opening the site using different country IP addresses but there is no issue but google bot isn't able to fetch the pages and Cloudflare is returning an error page to google with this content.

Error 1000

You've requested a page on a website that is on the CloudFlare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within CloudFlare's system.

If you are the owner of this website, you should login to CloudFlare and change the DNS A records for to resolve to a different IP address.

When i disable Cloudflare proxy/cdn and just use dns only mode thn google is able to fetch the pages without any issue.

Anyone else faced this issue?

Comments

• rokokrokok Member

Hello web guru, are you input cloudflare IP on cloudflare?

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited July 2016

@rokok said:
    Hello web guru, are you input cloudflare IP on cloudflare?

Nope the IP is correct thats one of the reason users are having no issue while accessing the site and only google bot is facing this issue.

I talked to my VPS provider and i guess the issue is related to Voxility Layer7 protection i have with my site because CloudFlare is already acting as a reverse proxy so i guess we need to disable Voxility Layer7 protection i hope that will fix this issue.

Just found that CloudFlare posted about this issue on their website last week at https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171976-Error-1000-DNS-points-to-prohibited-IP

When attempting to visit a website, you may receive the following error message:

Error 1000

You've requested a page on a website that is on the CloudFlare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within CloudFlare's system.

If you are the owner of this website, you should login to CloudFlare and change the DNS A records for to resolve to a different IP address.

The problem may occur if any of the following conditions is true:

The IP address CloudFlare is pointing to is incorrect.
    Pointing your service to another proxy in your zone file. Because CloudFlare is also a reverse proxy, enabling our proxy on a record may create a cyclic loop.
    To resolve this problem, do one of the following:

Method 1: Change the A record value

Select the DNS app from the top bar.
    Enter the correct IP address and then click Save.
    Method 2: Remove the proxy

Select the DNS app from the top bar.
    Click the orange cloud icon next to the CNAME (www) record. This will change the icon to a gray cloud.

• I only came to know about this issue today when google removed half of my site pages from their search results and i was like WTH happened? When i fetched the site as google bot through Webmaster Tools and the user version of the site was showing fine but the google bot version was only showing this DNS error.

• Don't use cloudflare, simple.

Thanked by 2zafouhar Ole_Juul
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Heheh, google nginx plus cloudflare. Since you are using nginx and proxing another service you need to add a few things in the config.

• Removed Voxility Layer7 and enabled CF again now it's working fine like before Google and Users both are able to see the site.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

so voxility behind cloudflare is conflicting each other ?

• @hostdare said:
    so voxility behind cloudflare is conflicting each other ?

Yea and looks like a latest issue Cloudflare posted a blog about it just a week ago https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171976-Error-1000-DNS-points-to-prohibited-IP