Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for employment - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for employment

2»

Comments

• marcmmarcm Member

@ztec @MrObvious @eastonch @shovenose

If your business can earn you a living then it's a real job, otherwise it's just a hobby. In order to get a high paying job that is not dead end you need the trifecta:

• Edutaction: In order to get your foot in the door.
    • Experience: In order to get the job.
    • Skills: In order to keep your job.

Of course if you guys disagree then you can always hop on the job sites and start submitting applications.

• @ztec said: Companies who really need you to perform, will actually just test you themself or hire you for minimum-wage and just observe what you can actually deliver, then pay you accordingly.

Most companies who have somebody to check if you're good enough have a big team and want to see results on paper.

Rather small companies without any knowledge of what you will be doing will for sure want to see degrees etc.

Open your eyes, stop using the internet so much, in the Netherlads you need a degree in at least MBO for a decent job.

• ztecztec Member

@BronzeByte said: Open your eyes, stop using the internet so much, in the Netherlads you need a degree in at least MBO for a decent job.

I got a pretty decent degree and had multiple offers to work for some good companies that wanted to buy me out and basically do for them what I do for my own business. Not a great situation for me unless they pay me godly. But it's not about me here, I agree @marcm last post that they need to see some accomplishments (maybe in the form of an education) to get your foot in the door, but these accomplishments might as well be something other then just some degree that can be obtained by any random.

In The Netherlands you're probably better off with an MBO ( high school equivalent degree ) to start a job because they're giving out bachelor degrees for free. They just have to pay you a less with a lower degree.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

@liamwithers said: Just my personal opinion, but I believe @joepie91 could have done much more for himself in his current situation if something similar to this was posted. Out of interest @joepie91, does your opinion on jobs and the ethics behind them rule out working with a provider? I've not read too much into your thoughts, but if that's something you'd be interested in, surely this is the perfect place to ask? inb4"orWHT"

Aside from the (moral) issues that typically crop up with jobs, my intention was not to change my approach to things - I was just in a tricky situation that I could not have foreseen, and urgently needed some additional help, once. I'm not actively looking for employment. A post like this, simply would not articulate what I was looking for :)

Additionally, if anyone feels the need to make ignorant remarks about "get a job" or something similar, please do that in the Cest Pit or whatever. I'm just posting a quick response to a post mentioning me, and have no interest in derailing this thread.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@joepie91 said: I was just in a tricky situation that I could not have foreseen, and urgently needed some additional help, once. I'm not actively looking for employment.

Fair comment, hadn't thought of this. My apologies if you felt I made an ignorant remark, I was merely intrigued as to the similarities in the end goal that both yourself and MrObvious shared, and as to how it was presented. No offence was intended.