Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is possible add Apache On Nginx VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is possible add Apache On Nginx VPS?

artmanartman Member

Hello friends,
I have vps with vpssim install. i need to install script (auto install) from affilliate and required apache. i've tried to install but always giving error. can't create admin panel "404 not found". is possible to add apache on server without problem? thank you

Comments

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2016

To answer your general question - yes, just have them bind to another port and/or IP.
    Then you could even proxy things through nginx from the apache and have access to all of your content in one web service.
    However, why would you? Apache is inferior compared to nginx - performance wise.

Thanked by 1artman
  • noamannoaman Member

@artman said:
    Hello friends,
    I have vps with vpssim install. i need to install script (auto install) from affilliate and required apache. i've tried to install but always giving error. can't create admin panel "404 not found". is possible to add apache on server without problem? thank you

Answering the question in the title...

Yes ...nginx as a proxy and Apache as a webserver

For running both as webservers you need to different port

Thanked by 1artman
  • dailydaily Member
    edited July 2016

Due to the nature of the question I would recommend you to Managed Hosting. They can take care of stuff like this for you, without any hassle from you. It is more expensive, but if managing a box just isn't your thing, I'd say it is worth the money.

That or go with shared hosting with a provider who provides a control panel to click install things.

Thanked by 2artman netomx
  • louis_laulouis_lau Member
    edited July 2016

Or try learning stuff through stackoverflow and serverfault like the rest of us :)
    You should look if there's a .htaccess file and try "converting" it to nginx.

• oxyclean will get the apache out, 103% satisfaction guaranteed

Thanked by 1artman
  • artmanartman Member

Thank you everyone for reply. i just dont have idea when script come with htaccess and auto install script (non wordpress)

• rokokrokok Member

You just need an idea how htaccess logic works and converted to nginx config :)

Pastebin your htaccess here, and pray someone with free time can figure it out ;)

Thanked by 1artman
  • artmanartman Member

Hi thank you,
    I've 2 script. all come with /install/install.php (A) and install.php (B)
    Script (A) i dont know where htaccess locate. and for script (B) with htaccess but i dont try in root domain (only subdirectory).

Script (A) /Admin can't create "403 Forbidden"

here htaccess (B) http://pastebin.com/q1A88sF7 . after install.php (B) Successfully installed. but when i go to the site "403 Forbidden"

Sorry my english

• Alright it's probably not a problem with the rules in the htaccess file then. Do you have index.html or index.php? Do you have php installed? (I would assume you have because of vpssim)

Thanked by 1artman
  • Or you could reinstall the vps and use a LAMP script.

Thanked by 1artman
  • artmanartman Member

Yes, In install folder have install.php & index.php. i dont have problem with wordpress before (auto install or using migrate). the problem with this script is. after finished install will redirect to xxx.com/admin. where admin not create/doesn't exist. i dont think to reinstall vps and start from beginning :(