Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ISO - Lease 2 - 128gb Servers for My Certification Lab
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ISO - Lease 2 - 128gb Servers for My Certification Lab

Hi Gurus!

Looking to learn a few cloud technologies and prepare for a bunch of tests over the next year. If any provider has a few older boxes in their DC and would like to help a student out. I don't need to top of the line just functional metal.

Looking to get 2 x 128+gb servers with a network between them and
256ssd Boot + 4tb sata ILO KVM access
as many cores as i can get don't really care about clock as long as they can do virtualization

I am a student so budget is low i can afford $150 - 200 per month.

I am running a mix of boxes now on OVH ONLINE and HETZNER but would like to get all my boxes under one provider and not have to use WAN for compute lab.

Thanks all in advance

JV

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Have a word with rapidswitch, I am sure they will sort something out if you sign a contract for a set period of time.

• D3mattD3matt Member

Honestly I think you're better off just buying a used server if you need that much resources and don't really need external connectivity. R710s are fairly cost-effective.

• @D3matt said:
    Honestly I think you're better off just buying a used server if you need that much resources and don't really need external connectivity. R710s are fairly cost-effective.

You can get quite a beefy server with $200/mo. He can get a loan for $1000, and pay $200/mo to repay. With the $1000, purchase a LE server off eBay