Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have they removed rescue mode @online.net (Dedibox SC SATA 2016)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Have they removed rescue mode @online.net (Dedibox SC SATA 2016)

I ordered two Dedibox SC SATA 2016 @online.net and I had planed that one of them should be a Windows server. But I can't find the rescue system, I used some time ago last time I had a online server. No rescue on the cheap servers?

Comments

• Did you install the server first? I've got rescue mode on my Dedibox SC SSD 2016

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhkenmyhken Member

Just got them. Ok, so I have to install a OS before I get access to the rescue system then?

• @myhken said:
    Just got them. Ok, so I have to install a OS before I get access to the rescue system then?

Well, haha, you can't recover something you don't have! :D

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • myhkenmyhken Member

@doghouch said:

Well, on Hetzner and Kimsufi you have access on the rescue system BEFORE you install a OS. So then you can use the rescue system to install Windows.
    So Online is the first host that don't have a rescue system in place before installing any OS (that takes one hour+)

Thanked by 2doghouch rm_
  • @myhken said:

@doghouch said:

Well, on Hetzner and Kimsufi you have access on the rescue system BEFORE you install a OS. So then you can use the rescue system to install Windows.
    So Online is the first host that don't have a rescue system in place before installing any OS (that takes one hour+)

Well, it only takes 5 minutes (at most) to install Linux and run the rescue. Patience is a virtue =)

• myhkenmyhken Member

@doghouch said:
    Well, it only takes 5 minutes (at most) to install Linux and run the rescue. Patience is a virtue =)

Well you don't have a online server I assume. It takes ONE hour+ to install etc CentOS before you can do anything with the server. So why they use so long time I don't know, but ONE hour+ they use.

• @myhken said:

@doghouch said:

Well you don't have a online server I assume. It takes ONE hour+ to install etc CentOS before you can do anything with the server. So why they use so long time I don't know, but ONE hour+ they use.

Nope, but my OVH dedi installed pretty fast when I got it. Just cancelled my Kidechire a bit ago, moved the stuff to a container on my dedi :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2016

myhken said: Online is the first host that don't have a rescue system in place before installing any OS (that takes one hour+)

Yep I noted this also, some time ago. It's inconvenient if you just want to load your own image via network and dd (e.g. restore a full "cold" backup). Have to wait until some random OS you don't care about installs first.

Thanked by 1myhken