Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL London providers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL London providers

2»

Comments

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    An offer thread this morning got me thinking - who's actually offering plans in actual, real, honest to goodness London, or London Docklands?

/me waves :)

All our UK services/servers are in London - spread across multiple sites in Docklands & City

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@othelloRob said:

@Nekki said:
    An offer thread this morning got me thinking - who's actually offering plans in actual, real, honest to goodness London, or London Docklands?

All our UK services/servers are in London - spread across multiple sites in Docklands & City

Whats your website?

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    Whats your website?

https://www.astutium.com

Thanked by 1MikePT

@othelloRob said:

@MrGeneral said:
    Whats your website?

https://www.astutium.com

Thank you Rob!

• rds100rds100 Member

@MrGeneral actually i have seen a personal VAT numner show in the VIES database. It was the VAT number of someone from Germany, not Portugal, but still, the VIES database should show ALL valid EU VAT numbrs. If yours doesn't show there, you should contact your tax authorities and complain to them, because noone will accept a VAT number that doesn't show in VIES.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@rds100 said:
    @MrGeneral actually i have seen a personal VAT numner show in the VIES database. It was the VAT number of someone from Germany, not Portugal, but still, the VIES database should show ALL valid EU VAT numbrs. If yours doesn't show there, you should contact your tax authorities and complain to them, because noone will accept a VAT number that doesn't show in VIES.

Only companies have a valid VAT number in VIES, this, in Portugal. I assure you. It's also written there.

• rds100rds100 Member

@MrGeneral then there is no way for persons from Portugal to get zero VAT purchases. For instance for every zero VAT invoice our accountant goes to the VIES website and prints the report that says the VAT number is valid and stores it in paper form together with the invoice. Not validated VAT number = no zero VAT invoice. It must be done every time (every month, etc.), because the VAT number might be valid today, but not valid tomorrow.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@rds100 said:
    @MrGeneral then there is no way for persons from Portugal to get zero VAT purchases. For instance for every zero VAT invoice our accountant goes to the VIES website and prints the report that says the VAT number is valid and stores it in paper form together with the invoice. Not validated VAT number = no zero VAT invoice. It must be done every time (every month, etc.), because the VAT number might be valid today, but not valid tomorrow.

As I explained:

Individuals do have a VAT number but it's not valid in VIES, only companies are. Say I want to order from Iniz, I will have to pay VAT. EU companies won't need to pay VAT to Iniz, if they have a valid VAT. Although the accountant will need to pay VAT to our government (accountant takes care of it).

• The misunderstanding about VAT numbers here is due to every Portuguese citizen having it's own VAT number. It's not an exempt number, though, as those you check in VIES - it is actually the number you use to automatically declare the amount & VAT paid to the government. Companies also have VAT numbers, and theirs is the one who can be exempt - not all companies are.

Thanked by 1MikePT

So we both agree @rds100!:p

Thanked by 1rds100
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I came for info on services in London, I went away knowing about the Portugese VAT system.

Don't ever change, LET.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2016

@Clouvider said:
    @Nekki what are you looking for in central London? Dedi or colo perhaps ?

Nothing, yet. This was just a general question, somewhat ahead of time.

@othelloRob said:

@Nekki said:

Any clues as to which ones? Couldn't see that information on your site anywhere.

@Nekki said:
    I came for info on services in London, I went away knowing about the Portugese VAT system.

Don't ever change, LET.

I apologise @Nekki.

• LeeLee Veteran

So many fuckwits still don't really understand what London means, I have even seen people suggest Sussex....

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

nah. Its all about the Slough and Maidenhead servers.

• hzrhzr Member

hawc said: nah. Its all about the Slough and Maidenhead servers.

Something wrong with that? Slough is quite possibly one of the most well-connected cities and peering exchanges in the third world.

• hzr said: Something wrong with that? Slough is quite possibly one of the most well-connected cities and peering exchanges in the third world.

I'm not from there so perhaps don't understand the geography. However, the OP didn't ask for well-connected. He asked for London.

• Nekki said: ENFIELD, YOU CUNT

• NekkiNekki Veteran

hzr said: Something wrong with that? Slough is quite possibly one of the most well-connected cities and peering exchanges in the third world.

I know Slough is a bit of a shit-hole, but it's not exactly part of the third world.

@eastonch said:

Nekki said: ENFIELD, YOU CUNT

And your point is what? I specifically asked for NO ENFIELD in the OP.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Would Enfield do?

Thanked by 2Nekki Clouvider
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Ishaq said: Would Enfield do?

Oh, you!

• @eastonch said:

Looks like my map was right! (see red locations)