Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware! Avoid VirtWire! They cancelled my account without refund! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware! Avoid VirtWire! They cancelled my account without refund!

2»

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2016

emg said: frequent ticket updates, many tickets

I don't think there was anything in the provider's ToS forbidding any of that?

vulgar language, threats, etc.

You have no proof or even any hint from either side, that this has taken place.

• Service wasn't affected by that @rm_, as it wasn't in LA, was an entirely different continent.

• loranloran Member
    edited July 2016

Menu - http://i.imgur.com/JZLn7Iv.png

First 2 tickets i just asked to add VPS in stock to make an order, because they quickly came to an end.
    Ticket 1 - (27.05.16) http://i.imgur.com/i60RgTZ.png
    Ticket 2 - (31.05.16) http://i.imgur.com/q7sstMb.png

Someone hack vps or something else. I just asked about traffic. I reinstalled the OS.
    Ticket 3 - http://i.imgur.com/WyPMz2y.png

VPS and CP was unavailable.
    Ticket 4 - http://i.imgur.com/KhunHJh.png

VPS was down few times.
    Ticket 5 - http://i.imgur.com/HPoZCGh.png

Lags every day. No answer.
    Ticket 6 - http://i.imgur.com/0WAltpo.png

After 3 days without awnser - new ticket. All this time lags every day, and sometimes the server is unavailable. It's not my fault.
    Ticket 7 - http://i.imgur.com/nZqSpHu.png

The end. Rather than solve the problem, they decided to get rid of me. It is easier.
    Ticket 8 - http://i.imgur.com/5fBm0rb.png

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Constantly annoying your provider when his upstream decides to deadpool (or, start a fire in his DC space) is just a bad idea... You kind of deserve it, honestly, if you can't check the announcement.

• @Loran At first, I felt bad. Now, I can only imagine how intelligent you are, you mindless zombie. (reused insult again)

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @theroyalstudent said:
    Constantly annoying your provider when his upstream decides to deadpool (or, start a fire in his DC space) is just a bad idea... You kind of deserve it, honestly, if you can't check the announcement.

A fire? please tell me more...

• loranloran Member

Nice try Ryan.

• @MSPNick said:

@theroyalstudent said:
    Constantly annoying your provider when his upstream decides to deadpool (or, start a fire in his DC space) is just a bad idea... You kind of deserve it, honestly, if you can't check the announcement.

Nah, what I mean is basically shutting down his "server company" with all sorts of methods.

There's a thread about this "provider" and his shutdown.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/86697/what-s-wrong-with-swiftnode

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited July 2016

Guys are you even reading any of this before you post... The original ticket (bottom most in the screenshot) clearly states that the control panel was unavailable and the server was unreachable even via ssh...

If this is hard to comprehend for a proider imo the guy shouldn't be a provider or atleast in a customer facing position... Cmon, a native speaker of english and you couldn't understand that...ROFL

Edit - And I missed the immediate 2 posts above

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Wow, just wow, that condescending attitude. Couldn't you have been more specific, as in "post traceroute, mtr with 100 packets from/to your VPS, captured ping output while the issue occurs", etc. But nope, not even when the client asked twice for clarification. And that was the first answer to that kind of report, doesn't seem like like anything of the sort has been already explained in a previous ticket.

• @theroyalstudent said:

@MSPNick said:

@theroyalstudent said:

Nah, what I mean is basically shutting down his "server company" with all sorts of methods.

There's a thread about this "provider" and his shutdown.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/86697/what-s-wrong-with-swiftnode

oh, yeah, i forgot about that thread... thanks for that!

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2016

Ticket 8 still doesn't make sense. Either there are parts edited of it, or you both have a psychic link that allows you to skip posts and still know what the other is referring to.

OP is dishonest, Virtwire are shite, end of.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • loranloran Member
    edited July 2016

It makes no sense to hide something or rewrite, it is not necessary. I just published facts. Then think for yourself. Nothing would have been if Ryan did't do it, I asked him to be friends, he did't want and just suspend my account. And this is not the last place where I write. Good luck in business.

• sandrosandro Member

@loran said:
    It makes no sense to hide something or rewrite, it is not necessary. I just published facts. Then think for yourself. Nothing would have been if Ryan did't do it, I asked him to be friends, he did't want and just suspend my account. And this is not the last place where I write. Good luck in business.

Support people cannot be "friends" :D

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited July 2016

sandro said: Support people cannot be "friends" :D

Support people can atleast TRY to be humane; after all they are there to support

Thanked by 2Inglar Licensecart
  • loranloran Member

It's silly to use multiple accounts and trying to offend me. We continue our drama.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

loran said: It's silly to use multiple accounts and trying to offend me. We continue our drama.

Fuck off you silly twat.

Thanked by 2Peroni Licensecart
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited July 2016

I think @Nekki is more or less on point with it. I got a few servers with them (their cheapo ones) but they are constantly down. I suspect the provider's patience is worn down dealing with it... so perhaps not a good business model all round.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited July 2016

I haven't had a very pleasant experience with the support end of Virtwire services either, while seeking response to a genuine service request and inquiring about the specific nature of the recent downtime and general instability of a node mentioned within the announcement section over at the Virtwire billing area.

Having said that, I primarily attributed the lack of general niceties along with a rude undertone adopted by Ryan to gruelling workload, or (maybe?) simply getting a shitload of LES users not reading the ToS or FAQs, and bugging the (sole?) support rep / CEO / CFO with questions that relate to the unmanaged nature of the budget services that they subscribed to, after reading and agreeing with the terms of service and support at Virtwire.

While I am a firm believer in the old adage of "pay peanuts and get monkeys", I try to keep my expectations firmly in line with the money I pay for a certain service. But, I think its basic courtesy to at-least try to be patient, pleasant / nice with any client at the end of the day, irrespective of the amount s/he pays.

So, maybe @loran and @AutoSnipe should both take something from this thread, introspect a bit and try to work on their expectations and interpersonal skills, respectively.

• @theroyalstudent

@theroyalstudent said:

@texteditor said:
    maybe some of you providers should just get together and make a new WHCMS captcha module that makes you write a sed expression or enter a command to add a specific username or some other Linux trivia before an order gets placed

Example:

Q: What is the default shell in Linux?

A: /bin/bash (blacklist the email if answer is "seashells")

Nah, but the thing is people might answer "You lunatic Linux is a kernel not an OS" and you'd probably have to accept that :p

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

theroyalstudent said: Q: What is the default shell in Linux?

We should also blacklist for C Shell (csh) because you wouldn't want customers who use that POS.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @theroyalstudent

@theroyalstudent said:

@texteditor said:
    maybe some of you providers should just get together and make a new WHCMS captcha module that makes you write a sed expression or enter a command to add a specific username or some other Linux trivia before an order gets placed

Example:

Q: What is the default shell in Linux?

Nah, but the thing is people might answer "You lunatic Linux is a kernel not an OS" and you'd probably have to accept that :p

Sure, (whatever Linux-based OS the user picks) then.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2016

K4Y5 said: try to work on their expectations

I would expect that, at any price, support to be helpful. Person running the company made repeated poor decisions that are seriously affecting their business? Certainly not the customer's fault, no need to take it out on them. If you're truly not able to maintain a pleasant front to your userbase even in the face of adversity, please shut down and get a government job.

This interaction here sums up the entire situation:

We can ascertain that the customer has identified a problem, but with statements like "cos I got lagzzzzzzzz" that they can't properly articulate what the problem is. Fair enough, customer has done their job: "hey, there's a problem here".

Host should spring into action with "i'm sorry about that, can you send me [insert whatever data is usually asked for in this situation]" a response. Instead customer had to wait slightly under 15 hours for a gem of a response: "Please provide actual real information". That's complete shit. There's really no other description for it.

Some customers are going to be able to provide you with traceroutes and other data directly. Other customers aren't. You will need to ask them for this information. This is basic human interaction.

Some companies take some evidence that other companies do not. For example, I recently learned that PhoenixNAP does not take MTR for notices regarding packet loss. However, their absolute first response back to me was to let me know what they do take, not "please provide actual real information".

Host: if you really cannot be bothered to effectively help your users, please just stop responding completely, deadpool, and disappear. This does nothing but crap up our market; you're certainly not going to make it big with support like this.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited July 2016

@rm_ said:

emg said: frequent ticket updates, many tickets

I don't think there was anything in the provider's ToS forbidding any of that?

True, but it is part of a frequently seen pattern that generally leads to an unsatisfactory conclusion. Doesn't common sense dictate that if you create lots of tickets or a barrage of updates, you may not accomplish much more than annoying the provider?

vulgar language, threats, etc.

You have no proof or even any hint from either side, that this has taken place.

True. Perhaps I should have written "Optional, but common:" in the pattern. There is a general lack of civility on both sides, however.

Due to @rm_'s reply, I can say that in retrospect, I wish that I had chosen a different example to make a comment about the pattern. The thing that really triggered it was the poor customer/provider communications and the fact that the customer created a new account on LET just so he/she could post yet another "provider did me wrong" thread.

• ajgarettajgarett Member
    edited July 2016

@K4Y5 said:

Ditto - I have the 4GB/$20 year special + a few NATs at Virtwire. The 4GB one's been up & down with high iowait spikes in the last ~2 months+.

Finally filed a ticket with Ryan after anything Java started getting killed immediately (eg java -version would get killed), ticket got closed with no reply - but the problem was fixed.

Would be nice if I got a message instead of it just being straight up closed, but eh... $20/year.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @zafouhar said:

@emg said:
    This thread fits an oh-so-typical pattern that I see often on LET and WHT:

• User signs up for a VPS service from a provider, often without doing any prior research.
    • User has a problem with their VPS. It may be self-induced or genuinely poor service from the provider.
    • Optional, but common:

• User is inexperienced.
      • User has not bothered to do any self-help web searches for a solution to their problem.
      • User bought an unmanaged VPS, but expects VPS configuration and troubleshooting support and advice from the VPS provider.
      • User bought an ultra-low-price VPS, but assumes 24x7, instant turnaround on support requests.
    • User opens a ticket with the provider.

• Communications between the user and the provider are poor and go downhill quickly.
    • User's latent anger management issues are revealed. The user antagonizes the provider through frequent ticket updates, many tickets, vulgar language, threats, etc.
    • Lacking an instant resolution to the problem, User opens a brand-new account on LET or WHT or elsewhere. Sometimes it happens within hours of when the user signed up for the VPS service.
    • User's first post on the new LET or WHT account is a dire warning to the entire world about the provider's terrible service.

At that point, there are limited variations on the pattern. Most of the time, it does not end well for either the user or the provider.

These users should be reported on FraudRecord and any other fraud databases providers should use, they should be denied service everywhere.

I was thinking to just give out licenses for my fraudrecord anti-fraud native modules to providers that run vps services that have this issue(would speed up "denial" of "service everywhere" and would hopefully stop the repeated threads like this on let & wht).

• @timnboys

Meh, sure your module could help for most orders but one of the most effective ways in stopping such is by using common sense. It wouldn't hurt for providers to have more of it (same goes to clients).

• DamianDamian Member

timnboys said: would hopefully stop the repeated threads like this on let & wht).

Instead they will be replaced with "omfg poopvps rejected my order because ballshost said I was a bad customer :( :( :( :( :(" posts. Same sympathy grab, different reason.

• Anyone who is or has been a customer at VirtWire knows the OP is right. Enough said.