Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualization Panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualization Panel

Can anyone suggest me a virtualization panel (Xen HVM or KVM) which supports the following feature:

• NAT IPv4 network with port forwarding (user can configure this at their user panel)
  • Windows provision

Since my dedicated server has good hardware but only limited IPs, I want to sell NATed vps so that the hardware won't be wasted. THX.

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited July 2016

@fsgmhoward said:
    Can anyone suggest me a virtualization panel (Xen HVM or KVM) which supports the following feature:

• NAT IPv4 network with port forwarding (user can configure this at their user panel)
    • Windows provision

Since my dedicated server has good hardware but only limited IPs, I want to sell NATed vps so that the hardware won't be wasted. THX.

So, you want to split a Kimsufi to VPS and make some money? Why didn't you just start that?
    There are quite a few guides on the interwebz to help with NATed VPS on proxmox.

• DamianDamian Member

Proxmox will be your only option really, and even then I don't know if they'll be able to manage NAT port forwarding from their user account.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Proxmox does have NAT support.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

virtualizor...

• I agree about proxmox being your only option I used proxmox+modulesfactory proxmox whmcs module before to accomplish this as I had to put custom iptables rules in the proxmox host node to get it to forward traffic to those ports besides creating like a natted "internal" network to the vm's inside proxmox.

• Was looking into using one of the WHMCS/Proxmox modules shortly so interested to hear others views on the available options if possible, thoughts appreciated.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited July 2016

@ratherbak3d said:
    Was looking into using one of the WHMCS/Proxmox modules shortly so interested to hear others views on the available options if possible, thoughts appreciated.

okay as I bought the owned license to the modulesfactory whmcs proxmox module since it wasn't but maybe a little more than the monthly license was.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

ratherbak3d said: Was looking into using one of the WHMCS/Proxmox modules shortly so interested to hear others views on the available options if possible, thoughts appreciated.

Depends on what you are looking to do. What are you planning to do with it

• Awmusic12635 said: Depends on what you are looking to do. What are you planning to do with it

I just want KVM Proxmox automation as we don't have anything in place at the minute. Have considered switching to Blesta to make use of their modules if they're any better.

But Blesta is.. meh.

• cociucociu Member
    edited July 2016

timnboys said: proxmox+modulesfactory

i use module factory but IS A VERRY BAD SUPPORT , MORE MANY ERRORS , ETC ETC SO AVOID IF YOU CAN ! UPDATE 1/YEAR , DIFICULT FOR THE CLIENTS , ETC ETC.

• @ratherbak3d said:

Awmusic12635 said: Depends on what you are looking to do. What are you planning to do with it

I just want KVM Proxmox automation as we don't have anything in place at the minute. Have considered switching to Blesta to make use of their modules if they're any better.

But Blesta is.. meh.

I am currently on Blesta and it seems their proxmox system works great(I have used it before too.)

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d

ratherbak3d said: I just want KVM Proxmox automation as we don't have anything in place at the minute. Have considered switching to Blesta to make use of their modules if they're any better.

But Blesta is.. meh.

between the modules garden and modules factory modules, I would say the modules factory is better for KVM. Mainly because of the ability to have custom scripts called at specific hooks (pre start, post manage etc). It makes the automating of much of the KVM stuff easier.

Though for openvz we use a very heavily modified version of the modules garden proxmox cloud (due to our additions its almost a different module).

Support wise they are each mixed. Modules garden you will get no more than one response per day, often times completely not understanding what you are trying to say. Had one issue before we made our custom changes (we work with our developer now instead of MG), that took them like 30 days until they fully got what I was trying to say. Modules factory it can be sometimes difficult to get a reply but when he does he is very good at debugging with you. In my experience it helps to add him on skype. He has debugged problems with me there and we have team viewered in the past.

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
  • ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited July 2016

Thank you for your thoughts you two, I appreciate it. Nobody seems to mention the WebSoftSolus version, is there a reason for that or is it just unknown I wonder. I know it's been around since I was at GetKVM which is a while back, so it has withstood the test of time at least.

ratherbak3d said: Nobody seems to mention the WebSoftSolus version, is there a reason for that or is it just unknown I wonder. I know it's been around since I was at GetKVM which is a while back, so it has withstood the test of time at least.

I have no experience with that one, though I remember looking at it. It doesn't appear to support the HTML5 console of proxmox. Which for me was a big thing

• Thanks guys.. I will take a look at proxmox

• Yep, proxmox would do the trick on your situation, very advanced control panel