Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone on HostUs LA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone on HostUs LA?

Nixstats has alerted me 20 times in the last 14 hours about my server being unreachable for more than 5 mins each. Uptime on the server has continued to tick on, so I'm guessing it's a network issue. My ticket to tech support has been unanswered for 8 hours. Anyone else seeing the same issue on their HostUs LA nodes?

@AlexanderM

Comments

• Can you reach the server manualy? Last month they get lot of ddos and i prefer to abandoned my vps with them

• I can reach my server no problem when the connection is up. I have an autossh session to my server, and I can see from scroll back then connection has been lost several times, each time there will be a few reconnection time outs before successfully reconnecting.

Yeah I had downtime from the DDOS a month or two back, but everything has been fine since then except for the last 15 hours.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited July 2016

http://status.tsdns.io/

LAX is Hostus LA, so no downtime for me.

Edit: Have uptimerobot pro, so 1min monitoring.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@wwabbit said:
    Nixstats has alerted me 20 times in the last 14 hours about my server being unreachable for more than 5 mins each. Uptime on the server has continued to tick on, so I'm guessing it's a network issue. My ticket to tech support has been unanswered for 8 hours. Anyone else seeing the same issue on their HostUs LA nodes?

@AlexanderM

@tr1cky said:
    http://status.tsdns.io/

LAX is Hostus LA, so no downtime for me.

Edit: Have uptimerobot pro, so 1min monitoring.

We have two LA locations - please log a ticket if you have issues (or PM me) if you have one please escalate it to me. I have not heard anything regarding LA but our protraf LA location has had alot of changes (LAX01) the last few days, but should not effect this

Alexander

• I have one on LA, no issues here.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AlexanderM, pm me! :-)

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

Is there something prohibiting you from messaging him? :)

@kt said:

Not at all, just looking for a custom deal. :-)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@MrGeneral said:

@kt said:

Yeah, then still, PM him ;-)?

• wwabbitwwabbit Member
    edited July 2016

AlexanderM said: We have two LA locations - please log a ticket if you have issues (or PM me) if you have one please escalate it to me. I have not heard anything regarding LA but our protraf LA location has had alot of changes (LAX01) the last few days, but should not effect this

Thanks for your response. My host node is LAX01-VZ28, ticket is #HUS-TX6504 and Nick responded to it at 17:00 UTC, saying "There was ddos attack in the node.We have successfully mitigated the attack."

Looking at my logs the attacks started around 22:30 UTC and ended around 13:00. The attacks may have restarted, got a couple more alerts in the past 2 hours, at 00:04 and 00:22.

@Clouvider said:

@MrGeneral said:

@kt said:

Yeah, then still, PM him ;-)?

Debian thx

• @MrGeneral said:

@kt said:

Being honest, it seems like you're more in need of a deal than him needing another customer... Why not humble up a bit and message him?

Thanked by 2deadbeef TheOnlyDK