Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in Vancouver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in Vancouver

I'm looking for a VPS with 1GB RAM and pure SSD storage in Vancouver or near Vancouver (in Canada).

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

Those that want good routing to Vancouver often use our seattle location. (not sure if the "in canada" was a requirement saying it had to be in canada or a clarification to say that Vancouver was in canada)

$24 per year for 1GB of RAM (VDR1): https://subnetlabs.com/billing/cart.php?gid=5

• Seattle is your best bet. Ramnode has good offerings. https://www.ramnode.com/vps.php They use Cloudflare so I couldn't get there right now, but their VPS offerings are first class and are always up.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited July 2016

Oneprovider has a Vancouver location.

There's also vanvps, but pretty expensive.

• @doverland offers VPS services in Kelowna. I found it amazing when I was with him. Here's the link: http://availanet.com/

Thanked by 1doverland
  • GCatGCat Member

We can provide services in Vancouver but not at LE* prices

• KobeKobe Member
    edited July 2016

I generally get lower ping to Seattle than I get within Vancouver to Vancouver.

• um...

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

doghouch said: doghouch

Ah.. guess its temporary error. I has a VPS with them few months ago,everything was fine. Rare location. in Canada.

• @GCat said:

What does pricing look like? Anything that's affordable (<$50/mo for decent specs) even if it's not LE* pricing?

• GCatGCat Member

@Jonchun said:

@GCat said:

What does pricing look like? Anything that's affordable (<$50/mo for decent specs) even if it's not LE* pricing?

$45.00/mo for 2 GB ram, 50 GB HDD, unmetered 10mbit or 1 TB @ 1 gbit, 2 IPv4

• @GCat said:

@Jonchun said:

@GCat said:

Anything with SSD? Do you have any test IPs for me? How are ddos's handled?

• GCatGCat Member

@Jonchun said:

@GCat said:

@Jonchun said:

@GCat said:

SSD yes, but sub $50 no. We have a policy for DDoS - if it happens more than once incoming you will be shown the door, first attack is auto 24 hour nullroute (or until attack finishes).

• @GCat said:

@Jonchun said:

@GCat said:

@Jonchun said:

@GCat said:

SSD yes, but sub $50 no. We have a policy for DDoS - if it happens more than once incoming you will be shown the door, first attack is auto 24 hour nullroute (or until attack finishes).

Interesting stance on DDoS. Unfortunately I don't want to take the risk of getting booted from a provider due to DDoS. Thanks anyways! Maybe someone else would be interested. The Vancouver VPS market seems to be nearly empty, and the ones I have found.. latency/speeds aren't much better than Seattle.

• GCatGCat Member

Jonchun said: Interesting stance on DDoS. Unfortunately I don't want to take the risk of getting booted from a provider due to DDoS. Thanks anyways! Maybe someone else would be interested. The Vancouver VPS market seems to be nearly empty, and the ones I have found.. latency/speeds aren't much better than Seattle.

Well, we offer filtering, but it's not local in Vancouver, it's done in Toronto, we want to extend to offer some filtering from Vancouver, the market is just not too much in demand so not worth the capital

• snacsnac Member

I find that Seattle locations are comparable and quite a bit cheaper than Vancouver. Ping to my Ramnode VPS in Seattle (from Vancouver) is averaging around 19ms, 22ms to Virmach and 20ms to Vultr.

All three of those providers offer SSD, but I'd recommend Ramnode of them. 406 days of uptime and counting...

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited July 2016

@snac said:
    I find that Seattle locations are comparable and quite a bit cheaper than Vancouver. Ping to my Ramnode VPS in Seattle (from Vancouver) is averaging around 19ms, 22ms to Virmach and 20ms to Vultr.

All three of those providers offer SSD, but I'd recommend Ramnode of them. 406 days of uptime and counting...

Which ISP are you on (and maybe the city)? I'm getting 9-10ms to Seattle, on Telus in New West.

• snacsnac Member

@TheOnlyDK said:

@snac said:

Which ISP are you on (and maybe the city)? I'm getting 9-10ms to Seattle, on Telus in New West.

Shaw in South Burnaby. 9-10ms makes me jealous!

• I'm just curious as to Canadian data privacy laws. If you're going to be hosting a Canadian business site that will have information about Canadian users, are you allowed to host in Seattle?

• @snac said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@snac said:

Shaw in South Burnaby. 9-10ms makes me jealous!

No wonder. Last time I was on shaw (like 7 years ago or something) they routed me to an San Jose server via Toronto then to Miami, had over 190ms ping to San Jose. Never going back to shaw ever again.