Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kudos to Clouvider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kudos to Clouvider

A few days back I opted to move one of my family members websites from a host that I had been using around 10 years that had recently sold up and I wasn't comfortable that the service will remain as is, with that in mind I decided to move away.

Within a few minutes of me posting a thread enquiring about a new host, @Clouvider was suggested to myself and I've seen quote a few +1 posts for them over the past months, I dropped Dominik a PM and we went from there. I eventually opted for their medium cloud hosting package, later that evening I had moved the website across and was feeling very confident about the move and the road ahead.

It's only early days but I have definitely noticed the website renders a hell of a lot quicker than it did before, very pleased to say the least.

Let's fast forward to yesterday morning, I'm minding my own business brushing my teeth and the dog starts to go mental at the letter box, usual activity for when the evil post man is approaching the front door. Instead of the usual bank statement, PPI enquiry, vanquish credit card pre-approving letter, you know the usual crap. It was a jiffy bag that I wasn't expecting the only parcel I was expecting was 120 pouches of Felix cat food, most certainly wouldn't fit through the letter box.

I was blown away when I opened it to find that it was a delivery from @Clouvider! The package contained a awesome case with a pen drive in and a personal welcoming letter with a copy of my invoice.

I've been around the hosting industry for around 15 years now and I've never had this before, was a very pleasant surprise. Keep up the good word Dominik and the gang.

I'm hoping to another 10+ years with yourself.

That reminds me I need to go demand the pen drive back from my girlfriend as she bagsy'd it!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2016

I'm glad to see there are still providers that do an excellent Marketing and, in this case, a more personal approach!

Kuddos to Clouvider.

• BradNDBradND Member

It was a surprise when I got mine from clouvider too. Brilliant company, excellent network and uptime. Dominiks dedication to his customers is second to none.

Reminds me I have to throw some more money their way.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • They are an excellent provider, I was very sorry to hear they didn't support Brexit though

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for very kind words @Gerrard8 and @BradND. Glad you're happy with your services :-)!

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Gerrard8Gerrard8 Member
    edited July 2016

@Clouvider said:
    Thanks for very kind words @Gerrard8 and @BradND. Glad you're happy with your services :-)!

Here's hoping I can successfully persuade my other half to hand the pen drive over!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited July 2016

@Gerrard8 said:

@Clouvider said:

Here's hoping I can successfully persuade my other half to hand the pen drive over!

I'll see what I can do :-).

@ManofServer said:
    They are an excellent provider, I was very sorry to hear they didn't support Brexit though

@ManofServer As a business we have neutral position on the issue.

We're providers for everyone, Brexiters, Remainers, Foreigners, small, medium, large businesses :-).

• @ManofServer said:
    They are an excellent provider, I was very sorry to hear they didn't support Brexit though

I couldn't care less what they voted, just like I couldn't care what my colleagues or family voted. It's a business relationship, as long as they deliver the service that I pay for then I am happy.

• Yeah free stuff rocks

• TinkuTinku Member

Free Stuff remind me of:

50 Ubuntu CDs i ordered for free and they delivered it to me when Ubuntu project was launched back in 2004/05. Every CD set had one installation and one live cd so a total of 100 CDs delivered to me for free and i never used them! found them in my store after 10-11 years when i was doing cleaning few months ago. First time i used Ubuntu was on my VPS after almost a decade when i received those free cds lol

This also remind me of those free Microsoft XP Service Pack 2 Cds lol and wait i remember ordering sun java cd for free as well and there was on more i don't remember the name!

Sweet and free Memories of childhood :)

Thanked by 1sandro
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2016

It was similar post on LET few months ago with pic of booklet and flash drive. Nice advertising

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I am now seriously thinking to order a plan from them. Lost all my pen drives somewhere.

• MadMad Member

Congrats guys and keep it up as usual! :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Why can't Ubuntu deliver live cd's anymore, they used to be great if I needed to boot a rescue OS at home

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Very nice touch from @Clouvider! A+ for marketing and customer care done right :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@ManofServer said:
    Why can't Ubuntu deliver live cd's anymore, they used to be great if I needed to boot a rescue OS at home

They are waiting for a cheque from OVH.

• Clouvider is fantastic, I really do love their network. If anyone is interested I've done a serverbear benchmark here. Can't fault them except they could be abit cheaper! :D

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2016/07/04/9uyyOXIit3v2mrX4

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Cas992 said:
    Clouvider is fantastic, I really do love their network. If anyone is interested I've done a serverbear benchmark here. Can't fault them except they could be abit cheaper! :D

Would you like them to be cheaper, but with a worse network?

• @Nekki said:

@Cas992 said:
    Clouvider is fantastic, I really do love their network. If anyone is interested I've done a serverbear benchmark here. Can't fault them except they could be abit cheaper! :D

Would you like them to be cheaper, but with a worse network?

Haha no way even at the price its not a huge deal you're getting what you pay for in this case. I'm just a cheapo.

• FritzFritz Veteran

@Clouvider

Do you ship the gimmick worldwide?

@Fritz said:
    @Clouvider

Uhm :-).

Every new Customer gets the welcome pack once the order is approved & provisioned.

@Clouvider said:

@Fritz said:
    @Clouvider

Uhm :-).

Every new Customer gets the welcome pack once the order is approved & provisioned.

That's a really simple thing, and gets you valuable customers.
    We've printed many USB sticks, and such for companies doing the same. It works really well.

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited July 2016

Clouvider said: Uhm :-).

That's nice.

Will you do that even if the transport fee is bigger than the welcome pack price?

@Fritz said:

That's nice.

Will you do that even if the transport fee is bigger than the welcome pack price?

It's not uncommon that it is :-)!

If Royal Mail can get it to the destination, we will post it :-)!

• @Clouvider - thanks a lot for the extra two pen drives!!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • kzedkzed Member

mmm, really? every customers? even the destination is far from you? :D
    i've been your customer for more than 8 month and didn't receive any,
    im from indonesia though :D

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Still using my USB stick case as a raspberry pi case!

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@Gerrard8 you're very welcome :-).

@kzed it should have been sent. I'll find it if it's still trackable.

@linuxthefish happy it serves you well :-)!

• From one provider to another, is great to see amount of care you give, even for the extra free part of your product.

Wants me to buy something even though I have zero need :) keep it up.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@kzed said:

No longer trackable, doesn't mean it can't be fixed :-).

You should get a tracking number confirmation already! Sorry it hasn't been delivered before.

@AshleyUk said:
    From one provider to another, is great to see amount of care you give, even for the extra free part of your product.

Wants me to buy something even though I have zero need :) keep it up.

Thank you Ashley. These are very kind words, especially coming from a fellow provider :)

• kzedkzed Member

@Clouvider said:

@kzed said:

No longer trackable, doesn't mean it can't be fixed :-).

You should get a tracking number confirmation already! Sorry it hasn't been delivered before.

Haven't received it yet, I'll PM you my email