Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buyvm down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buyvm down?

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in General

My VPS with BuyVM seems like it's been having severe network issues that basically make it unusable for the last hour, is anyone else having problems? I'm on lv-node33, the status says it's online but...

Comments

• Mine's running along fine. Could be an issue on your node.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@perennate - in case you haven't seen this before:

http://buyvmstatus.com

Click on a node name to see history.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Yeah, that's what I meant by status. The status itself says that the node is fine, but now I noticed when I go to live status it says it's having serious problems where it's going offline every few seconds. I also checked my uptime script on another VPS is also showing it's going offline/online every few seconds, so I guess it's the node having problems for an hour... might have to move the stuff I'm running to a different VPS.

edited March 2013

@Jack said: My box on LV3 is up and performing fine.

Guess it's just 205.185.112.133 (buyvm-ovz-lv-33) then.
    Edit: seems like there was some packet flood and it's coming back online now, 1h30m response time seems kind of long though.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

nodeping shows it was only ~10 minutes.

I'll talk to Anthony in a few minutes and see what he says :) I know we've been seeing some IPV6 floods that have been causing a mess on a few nodes.

Francisco

@Francisco said: nodeping shows it was only ~10 minutes.

Well, my node.js uptime script from a Ramnode VPS showed that it was that long with timeouts. And it'd come back every minute or so and then become unavailable the next. This matches logs from the BuyVM VPS, which say it was disconnecting starting from 22:20 MSK up until 23:48 MSK or so.

Also your buyvmstatus.com says:

10/03/2013 19:38 - 34m ago offline
    10/03/2013 19:36 - 36m ago slow
    10/03/2013 19:32 - 40m ago online
    10/03/2013 19:31 - 41m ago slow
    10/03/2013 18:40 - 1h 32m ago online
    10/03/2013 18:39 - 1h 33m ago slow

I think it began with the first "slow" event maybe.