Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New dedibox classic 2016 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New dedibox classic 2016

2»

Comments

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited July 2016

They should put these old ones as a limited edition for 15,99 Euro.

There will be many customers cancelling these old machines.

Launch date: 2015 Model: DELL® PowerEdge R210 II CPU: 1x Intel® Xeon® E3 1220 V3 Architecture: 4x 3.1Ghz, 64 Bits, VT RAM: 16GB DDR-3 ECC Hard disk: 2 x 1TB SATA3 RAID: Software (Linux) (Raid 0/1) Equipment Supervision: DRAC Dell + KVM over IP Connectivity: 1 Gbit/sec Datacenter: Datacenter DC2

• RodneyRodney Member

What's with that SSD craze.

I'm glad I picked up that limited server with 2x2 TB.

edited July 2016

SSD is much > @Rodney said:

What's with that SSD craze.

I'm glad I picked up that limited server with 2x2 TB.

SSD is much more reliable, faster I/O, speeds, they are silent and takes less power and space.

• Can you confirm motherboard and disks model ?

• edanedan Member

Spacedust said: SSD is much more reliable, faster I/O, speeds, they are silent and takes less power and space.

For backup of course I will take 2 x 2TB.

• Why are the cheaper servers from their 2016 range on 1-2.5 Gbps network and these aren't?

• Because they have standard ethernet network cards in probably Supermicro blades not fiber in a self made blade.

• ManofServer said: Why are the cheaper servers from their 2016 range on 1-2.5 Gbps network and these aren't?

>

Very good question !

SC/XC 2016 are design by our team and build in our factory, with our own network switch (Our 2500BaseX system). The Avoton SoC support 2.5G lines through IOSF fabric, easy.
    Classic 2016 is not "Online labs" hardware. It's supermicro custom designed hardware for us. This XeonD CPU is SoC (System on Chip) who don't support at all 2.5G lines because of low speed IOSF fabric inside CPU.

• I wonder what cpubenchmark.net score is ;)

• WHTWHT Member

Can be added third/fourth disk in some dedis or not?

edited July 2016

@WHT said:
    Can be added third/fourth disk in some dedis or not?

Probably these is no space inside the case ;)

• xyzxyz Member

Compared to XC 2016 SSD:

• 2x the RAM
    • 2x disks
    • faster CPU (probably 1.5-2.5x overall; but much better single thread perf)
    • 3x setup cost
    • roughly 2x monthly cost
    • 2.5x slower network
    • 3.3x less network guarantee (300Mbps instead of 1Gbps)

At that price, 2x XC servers may be a worthy alternative depending on your needs/usage (and you have the option of HDDs).
    For +€10/m, compared to the LT:

• CPU is about the same overall, but better single thread perf (so would consider it better generally)
    • +200Mbps network guarantee
    • +1 more SSD

Specs/pricing seems to fit well in with their range, and is fair IMO. €60 setup is high (as already mentioned plenty of times) and the lack of a HDD option is rather disappointing, especially since the 2015 model is no longer available on the order page. Whilst SSDs have good IOPS, a major benefit of more RAM is with mitigating those sorts of issues with slower HDDs.

• PopwaxPopwax Member
    edited July 2016

xyz said: 3.3x less network guarantee (300Mbps instead of 1Gbps)

I don't think XC 2016 provides 1Gbps network guarantees. At least it's not marked as "Premium network" like "Classic 2016"

• xyzxyz Member

Nice pick up!

I think Online's network "guarantee" has a somewhat different meaning to the typical definition of the word (I've just decided to echo back what they advertise). For one, it seems to be the limit that you're allowed to use over an extended period of time (i.e. if you use more than the "guarantee" for a "long" time, Online.net will complain).

In other words, you could transfer up to ~300TB/month on the XC without complaint (assuming you can reach those speeds), whilst you can expect to get a complaint if you exceed ~93TB/month on the Classic.

• zevuszevus Member

online.net will have it eventually, w/ higher monthly fee, no setup fee, and ability to pay via paypal, i guess

• No RPN on this, acccording to that product page.

• Probably because it has one NIC.

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited July 2016

OT

I'm having serious trouble in setting up software RAID 1 on dedibox LT 2016 with 2 drives (no problems with 3). Has anybody tried? I feel dumb.

• Again please, motherboard model, disk model and lspci please.

• WHTWHT Member

Will be happy to pay 60€ setup fees for a 2x 500 GB ssd for 29.99€ month.

• @edan said:
    Please accept Paypal and I will snap it right away :)

They accept paypal Im paying my servers with paypal, no fee also for it

• edanedan Member

emtecro said: paypal

Well I don't see the options to change the payment method to Paypal.

• boerndboernd Member

You have to do your first payment with an other payment method as far as I know.

Thanked by 1edan
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

Spacedust said: Do you know how much these Supermicro blade servers cost ?

If you fill up whole DC guess it will be dirt cheap on wholesale

edited July 2016

@fitvpn said:

If you fill up whole DC guess it will be dirt cheap on wholesale

This is exactly Dedibox XC 2015: http://www.wiredzone.com/supermicro-multi-node-servers-microcloud-barebone-embedded-cpu-24-node-sys-5038ma-h24trf-10023331

$10 000 without the disks / 12 servers = $832 per one server

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2016

Spacedust said: This is exactly Dedibox XC 2015

Look into Chinese market not a US reseller :)

• sinsin Member

I'm happy with my Dedibox SC 2016 :) The Atom C2350 is a heck of a lot better then I thought it would be. The Classic 2016 looks good just wish the setup fee was 20euro like the personal line.

• @abermingham said:

Please reduce setup fee to 20 euro. :D

Thanked by 2raynor sin