Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any TOP LEB providers that offers SLA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any TOP LEB providers that offers SLA?

rgenzonrgenzon Member

Hi, good evening. Just wondering if there are any providers that offer SLA or uptime guarantee?

Please do not send me offers, I just want to know if there's any.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

A SLA does not mean you don't get downtime. It just means you get some sort of compensation when the uptime guarantees are not met.

• idk much hosts, but on GDBI (one of the few hosts I use) they have this "premium" VPS where there is a proper SLA and whatever

https://clients.gestiondbi.com/index.php?/knowledgebase/article/3/service-level-agreement--sla-/

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

Pretty much any decent hoster should be able to make you a custom offer with SLA. But don't expect services with SLA for LET prices :-)
    As already mentioned in this thread, SLA doesn't mean you won't get downtime. But you can expect that your VPS will be hosted on a different platform to guarantee more uptime/performance. Depending on the kind of SLA you have, you can 'claim' if your services have been for a specific time that is exceeding the guaranteed mentioned in the SLA.

Thanked by 1rgenzon
  • I'm offering uptime guarantee and SLA by default.

Thanked by 1rgenzon
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2016

just go with provider who have good uptime reputation. and those who communicate well in case of anything scheduled

Thanked by 1rgenzon
  • @rgenzon said:
    Hi, good evening. Just wondering if there are any providers that offer SLA or uptime guarantee?

Please do not send me offers, I just want to know if there's any.

Thanks in advance.

RamNode 99.9%

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

angrysnarl said: RamNode 99.9%

Same for SecureDragon and I think BuyVM.

But so what? With an SLA, at most the provider is on the hook for a month of free service, or sometimes just a refund of the time you were down. Not being able to use a service when I need it is a lot bigger deal to me than getting a few bucks refunded.

In short, reputation is a lot more important to me than SLA.

• @rds100 @theroyalstudent I was asking out of curiosity, not to ask for any claims if site goes down.

It's just a good thing to know because as a consumer, I feel like the providers are performing greatly and they're confident about their service if they're offering SLA.

• DylanDylan Member

DigitalOcean has a 99.99% SLA.

• ATHKATHK Member

@Dylan said:
    DigitalOcean has a 99.99% SLA.

Mostly automatic credits too unlike a lot of provider where they require you to create a ticket which is BS if you ask me.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We guarantee 100% uptime, but (1) we do not give credit for the entire month in case of downtime - just rounded up to the day and (2) we still go down sometimes.

On our new line of services, and not including scheduled maintenance, our average uptime is about 99.99% - approximately 20% of our servers have ever gone down in the past two years.

ATHK said: Mostly automatic credits too unlike a lot of provider where they require you to create a ticket which is BS if you ask me.

We would give automatic credits if it was possible. It would save time for everyone. I used to do this manually in the early days but with the number of customers we have and how large our servers are now, it's very hard to do. I'll see if we can implement any kind of script to make it easier to do because I agree with you.

• IIRC, there is provider with pop tart SLA here maybe you can use search to find them

• @VirMach said:
    We guarantee 100% uptime, but (1) we do not give credit for the entire month in case of downtime - just rounded up to the day and (2) we still go down sometimes.

On our new line of services, and not including scheduled maintenance, our average uptime is about 99.99% - approximately 20% of our servers have ever gone down in the past two years.

ATHK said: Mostly automatic credits too unlike a lot of provider where they require you to create a ticket which is BS if you ask me.

We would give automatic credits if it was possible. It would save time for everyone. I used to do this manually in the early days but with the number of customers we have and how large our servers are now, it's very hard to do. I'll see if we can implement any kind of script to make it easier to do because I agree with you.

So if you pay $100/m for 100% uptime, you only get $3.33 in credit if it goes down for a day? That kinda sucks IMO

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

hostnoob said: So if you pay $100/m for 100% uptime, you only get $3.33 in credit if it goes down for a day? That kinda sucks IMO

Well a service will usually not go down for a day. It will go down for maybe half an hour to an hour tops in most cases. So in your example you'll have something like 1/33rd of the day down, and get $3.33 in credits since we round up. In one case, a downtime occurred at midnight so we counted it as two days.

I've been thinking about changing this up though - open to suggestions.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

rgenzon said: @rds100 @theroyalstudent I was asking out of curiosity, not to ask for any claims if site goes down.

It's just a good thing to know because as a consumer, I feel like the providers are performing greatly and they're confident about their service if they're offering SLA.

I go for reputation over SLA.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @jcaleb said:

rgenzon said: @rds100 @theroyalstudent I was asking out of curiosity, not to ask for any claims if site goes down.

I go for reputation over SLA.

That's for sure. But hey, I've been with my provider before the node wiping incident, it's pretty reliable out of incident, so I will just close one eye.

• @jcaleb for sure.

• There's nothing good or bad about a SLA, but it doesn't show anything about the company who decides to have one, nor is it helpful to the client in most cases. It's really just a marketing choice. Go for reputation.

Thanked by 1Maounique