Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this template good for whmcs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this template good for whmcs?

seenuseenu Member
edited June 2016 in General

Hello,

I want to get your opinion on this template, whether it will be good companion for WHMCS?

http://dev.lorvent.com/globals/Hosting/

PS. we developed it but i am not posting for any publicity, i want to get honest opinion whether it worth making it for WHMCS or not.

Thanks.

Comments

• Is this a wordpress template?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I've fallen asleep while waiting for the site to load..... and all the fancy text animations to clear off.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

It did take me a good number of seconds to load, probably 4 or 5, then 1 or 2 seconds for the text animation and slider to start working, but its nice looking.

I closed the tab and opened it for a second time and everything loaded in 1 - 2 seconds because it had been exposed to it once previously.

Good work, only issue is the initial loading takes a while.

• seenuseenu Member

@Arjon no its html only

@hawc hope you had a nice nap, jokes apart..thanks for the feedback, we can work on optimizing images

@SSDBlaze thanks for checking out, we will work on initial loading time.

• louis_laulouis_lau Member
    edited June 2016

Listen to @hawc, he's a wise man.
    Animations can be good if for example used to:

Quote from any random page

• Optimize perceived user experience, make it feel faster and more comprehensive.
    • Drive users’ attention.
    • Provide visual feedback and prepare for next steps.

A first step would be to make your animations last from .25 seconds to a max of 1 second. :P

Thanked by 1seenu
  • Oh and you have two menus, that's confusing.
    But that's all just details. The main thing looks nice, did you use some kind of material design framework?

• seenuseenu Member

Its based on bootstrap material framework

• GCatGCat Member

Rule of thumb: if you have to ask "is this template good?" The answer is no

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2016

Not a template I'd ever use - I don't exactly like the pricing boxes from a mobile perspective and wait a minute, you copied the navbar code directly from the documentation!

If you do make this an actual theme though, you need to include a copy of the Owl carousel's copyright file as it is required.

• BradBrad Member

@GCat said:

According to who? Seeking second opinions is a normal thing to do.

I would highly prefer if you just load everything all at once rather than your fancy transitions and pop-ups.

Thanked by 1daily
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

The whole site just screams spam email seo website design service

• seenuseenu Member

lol, many people....many ways of thinking

what make you think like that? so if a site posted into awwwards.com for review not looking good?.

anyways, this template is accepted into themeforest.

you copied the navbar code directly from the documentation!

whose documentation?

fancy transitions and pop-ups.

Noted, definitely work out on that.

• The index page links to 13 .css files and 9 .js files, that's extreme!

It looks like a student portfolio site where they've thrown in as many flashy elements as they can find, it doesn't need to be so over the top - sometimes less is more.

If I want to buy web hosting I want the relevant information in front of me, I don't want to wait for animations to finish and text to fade in from all over the place.

Thanked by 1seenu
  • noamannoaman Member

@seenu said:
    Hello,

I want to get your opinion on this template, whether it will be good companion for WHMCS?

http://dev.lorvent.com/globals/Hosting/

PS. we developed it but i am not posting for any publicity, i want to get honest opinion whether it worth making it for WHMCS or not.

Thanks.

Hi

The navbar on left on mobile.....

Thr go back icon should be on top...

And two icons should be different...

Better yet...just one icon

Jusy remove the transitions....

And for attraction / marketing point of view design a good slider first image or jumbotron....

Note if the user has stayed on your website and is scrolling down ....marketing point if view is done (imho)...just keep the bottom part of the page simple...

• I have a **slow **connection and so loading time is slow, Do you need so much transition and animation ?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I did not like the colour scheme

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@seenu I like it a lot!

I think all of the comments on speed/transition depend a lot on the target group.

If you're site is focused on LET users and other "geeks", I think it should be less animated.

On the other hand if you're targeting non or less "geek" people (consumers/end users) I think it's a great theme.

Just my 2 cents...

Please share the TF link.

Thanked by 1seenu
  • I hate the animations, and make the page shorter - it takes a lot of work to scroll to the pricing!

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

Looks nice :) Animations are way too much for my liking though. Cut down total animation load time to <1s and check website speed and optimization tips on Pingdom

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Remember KISS.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited July 2016

Nice variation of reviews and many good points, definitely will workout on animations as many people pointing out.

@gleert link http://themeforest.net/item/globals-material-bootstrap-html-template/15894116

usually buyers at tf expect lot of animations and extra bells and whistles so we have to add them.