Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New locations for VPS nodes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New locations for VPS nodes

dosserverscadosserversca Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hello everybody :)

We looking to add new locations for VPS nodes
We correctly provide vps in this locations:

Beauharnois, QC, Canada
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Dusseldorf, Germany
Roubaix, France
Strasbourg, France

So we looking for some recommendation for new locations :)

Comments

• Sydney, Australia :)

• @alterarch said: Sydney, Australia :)

Recommendation on DC? We can do Colocations or rent so if you can provide us both :)

• alterarchalterarch Member
    edited March 2013

@dosserversca said: Recommendation on DC? We can do Colocations or rent so if you can provide us both :)

Nah I was sort of kidding. BW in Australia is really expensive and you would probably struggle to make any money at LEB prices. I don't know of any DCs in Sydney but I'm sure someone here should know ( @concerto49 ?).

• I know BW is expensive ther this why i asked you for suggestion as i dont know about any company ther that will offer low price.

Profit its have some option if we will put 200 VPS on 1 server :P

• Depends on the DC though
    But Beauharnois, QC, Canada sounds good

• dosserverscadosserversca Member
    edited March 2013

@Simple3x said: Beauharnois, QC, Canada

The list we provide is correctly we already offer VPS ther we looking for new locations

• Australia may or may not be what you're looking for, but one way or the other, I think you should break in to the Southern Hemisphere.

• xNEOxNEO Member

Los Angeles, CA, United States

• @xNEO said: Los Angeles, CA, United States

We already offering in this place the list we provide its locations we already have!

• @DStrout said: Southern Hemisphere

Yes.

• http://www.sisgroup.com.au/ for colo or dedi in .au -- please open some LEB nodes!

• wroxwrox Member
    edited March 2013

Southern (Malmö, Falkenberg) or mid-Sweden (Stockholm, Göteborg)!
    That'd be great, especially in terms of competition. We have one LEB-provider here (EDIS).

• @unused said: http://www.sisgroup.com.au/ for colo or dedi in .au -- please open some LEB nodes!

Wont be posiable without oversell check ther price for colocation

• Though, to be fair, it seems to be hard to get a good spot below the equator. For one thing, there's a lot less land down there, and a lot of it is less privileged. For that reason, bandwidth is expensive. I remember the LEB offer from South Africa - not much bandwidth.

• xNEOxNEO Member

some Asia locations, HongKong, Taiwan, Japen, South Korea, although its kind of expensive in many aspect in those locations

• Its nice that you guys giving ideas but will be good if you can provide some providers ther for rent or colocation

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited March 2013

@alterarch said: Nah I was sort of kidding. BW in Australia is really expensive and you would probably struggle to make any money at LEB prices. I don't know of any DCs in Sydney but I'm sure someone here should know ( @concerto49 ?).

I might get bashed for this, but bandwidth isn't even the problem. It's the quality of the data centers. Have you seen people that connect A+B redundant power to the same power strip and during power failover the whole DC gets short circuited and goes down completely?

Have you seen a power failure where the backup generator kicks in, fingers crossed and that creates too much heat and over heats all the servers causing an outage?

We're talking about supposedly expensive and high class data centers here too.

• @concerto49 said: I might get bashed for this, but bandwidth isn't even the problem. It's the quality of the data centers. Have you seen people that connect A+B redundant power to the same power strip and during power failover the whole DC gets short circuited and goes down completely?

Have you seen a power failure where the backup generator kicks in, fingers crossed and that creates too much heat and over heats all the servers causing an outage?

We're talking about supposedly expensive and high class data centers here too.

I use laptop for work and i also pluged the rauter to the laptop so if the power going off i still have internet and computer for 2 hours :D

If DC cant have backup source its not DC :(

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@concerto49 said: I might get bashed for this, but bandwidth isn't even the problem. It's the quality of the data centers. Have you seen people that connect A+B redundant power to the same power strip and during power failover the whole DC gets short circuited and goes down completely?

No idea where that happened but it wasn't where my gear is. Bandwidth is the problem where I am (and increasingly power costs).

• Oh lol, sorry misread it.
    Well new zealand is indeed a good new location imo

• @Simple3x said: Well new zealand is indeed a good new location imo

New Zealand would probably have fairly good connection to Australia, unless there is some crazy routing, so I second it. +1

• ZiggaZigga Member
    edited March 2013

@alterarch said: unless there is some crazy routing, so I second it. +1

haha, I think we can count on it!

and I would love to see some Indian hosted providers in the LEB range. Or Japan!

• south africa

• NicTNicT Member

@concerto49 said: I might get bashed for this, but bandwidth isn't even the problem. It's the quality of the data centers.

Ehh,
    NextDC looks promising, their whole management system is pretty awesome, and they have good roots with PipeNetworks (Mind you, they are run by the same team that built PipeNetworks up before it was sold..)

• @NicT pipe is congested and oversold. It's like HE. Also they are a lot slower to the USA.

• We probbelly will add new location in NY

• @dosserversca said: We probbelly will add new location in NY

If so, please don't use colocrossing, there are literally a million colocrossing hosts there already :) Please give us some variety :)

• @zhuanyi said: If so, please don't use colocrossing, there are literally a million colocrossing hosts there already :) Please give us some variety :)

We trying offer what others arent offer :)

• try Mexico

• @dosserversca said: We correctly provide vps in this locations:

I believe this means they CURRENTLY provide servers in the listed places.