Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wordpress redirects to install-php after migration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wordpress redirects to install-php after migration

emre22emre22 Member

Hey guys,

I moved my wordpress sites to another vps.

I am running mariadb, nginx and I migrated my sites with the plugin "all in one migration" like in the past and everything worked fine.

but every 3-4hours my sites are all at the same time redirecting to ....com/wp-admin/install.php

after a mysql restart it works again and sites are back and running.

Can you give me an advice?

Comments

• emre22emre22 Member

btw I already checked my db's with phpmyadmin and it showed no errors

• WHTWHT Member

Try to repair the mysql tables. There is also a plugin for this case.

Thanked by 1emre22
  • Are the database settings in the wp-config.php file correct? The only reason that WordPress would do that is if that file is missing or something isn't filled out correctly.

Thanked by 1emre22
  • emre22emre22 Member

@clarity_64 said:
    Are the database settings in the wp-config.php file correct? The only reason that WordPress would do that is if that file is missing or something isn't filled out correctly.

well they are correct, I installed wordpress with this details.. and from time to time it suddenly redirectis to install.php again and again until I restart mysql..

768mb ram should be more then enough.. a lot of ram is unused

• emre22emre22 Member

@WHT said:

there is nothing to repair, no errors in phpmyadmin

• What is the DBhost setting in wp-config.php? Is it set to localhost? That was mentioned as an issue on this link.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/already-installed-for-months-wp-keeps-forwarding-me-to-install-page

Thanked by 1emre22
  • WHTWHT Member

@emre22 said:

@WHT said:

there is nothing to repair, no errors in phpmyadmin

Just repair and optimize the tables nothing will cost you. In my case helped this.

• emre22emre22 Member

@clarity_64 said:
    What is the DBhost setting in wp-config.php? Is it set to localhost? That was mentioned as an issue on this link.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/already-installed-for-months-wp-keeps-forwarding-me-to-install-page

yes it is set to localhost. and the thing is when I hit install button again it gives me a "tables are already installed....etc."

so it is still connecting but I dont know ..

• In the link that I posted earlier, they give you some steps to follow lower in it. They mention that it is an issue with the wp_options table. The only other thing that would make sense is that MySQL isn't allowing the connection for a second, and WordPress thinks that it isn't installed because of that.

• emre22emre22 Member

@clarity_64 said:
    In the link that I posted earlier, they give you some steps to follow lower in it. They mention that it is an issue with the wp_options table. The only other thing that would make sense is that MySQL isn't allowing the connection for a second, and WordPress thinks that it isn't installed because of that.

have to wait and follow the guide after the nex redirect to install.php

• emre22emre22 Member

@clarity_64 said:
    In the link that I posted earlier, they give you some steps to follow lower in it. They mention that it is an issue with the wp_options table. The only other thing that would make sense is that MySQL isn't allowing the connection for a second, and WordPress thinks that it isn't installed because of that.

so happened again and almost all tables are Corrupt & Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

when I try to repair them: Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

• Were you running it on MyISAM before? If so, when you created the new database to move it into was it set to MyISAM or InnoDB? You want to make sure that you are using the same engine settings when you move it over. I think that it defaults to MyISAM on WordPress installs.

• emre22emre22 Member

@clarity_64 said:
    Were you running it on MyISAM before? If so, when you created the new database to move it into was it set to MyISAM or InnoDB? You want to make sure that you are using the same engine settings when you move it over. I think that it defaults to MyISAM on WordPress installs.

to be honest i dont know.. i switched from apache to nginx

• Do you still have access to the old server? Can you see what type of engine you were using there and what you are using now? This only refers to the MySQL portion of your installation.

This link might help figure it out.

http://www.electrictoolbox.com/mysql-table-storage-engine/

• emre22emre22 Member
    edited June 2016

@clarity_64 said:
    Do you still have access to the old server? Can you see what type of engine you were using there and what you are using now? This only refers to the MySQL portion of your installation.

This link might help figure it out.

http://www.electrictoolbox.com/mysql-table-storage-engine/

unfortunately no.. I have 3 sites in total and this occur on 2 of them ... the other one is running normal.

and all three are from the same way/vps of back up

Well the site which is running without a problem is on myisam and the 2 with problems are on innodb..

well i converted all tables to myisam of the 2DBs

by using: ALTER TABLE wp_tablename ENGINE=myisam;

lets see how this will work