Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review Catalyst Host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review Catalyst Host

apavaapava Member
edited March 2013 in Reviews

Hello Community;

I've been working with CatalystHost.com, are an excellent company, with support Jarlan and Ryan is always super attentive to any concerns and very responsible, the response time of the support ticket is less than 10 min I say in my case :) , all scheduled maintenance the advertised time, their uptime vps are amazing, I've had an occasional problem but have always been alien to them and they have always helped with the solution.

The VPS I have with them or with which I started was with the Trenta plan and I have made ​​some modifications of Ram and processor cores. I give you a snapshot of the performance of my vps

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7678/rendimientovps.png

Their prices are very comfortable; your support Unexpected gem, really very good option.

Edit: This is other VPS Micro $17 annually (128 ram, 10 gb hhd, 1 cpu, 300 gb transfer)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4528/rendimientovpspequeo.png

regards

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanks brother! You've been equally great to work with. When people cooperate and work with us best they can, there are very few limits to what we'll do to look out for them.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

Thanks for the kind words @apava, we appreciate your positive feedback of our services and everything Jarland said ^^ :)

• @apava said: their uptime vps are amazing

I've been reading good words about Catalyst Host.
    Though if you're praising their uptime I hope to get more details rather than a 2 days in the screenshot.

edited March 2013

13:30:40 up 20 days, 23:49, 1 user, load average: 1.09, 1.92, 1.73

18:23:15 up 51 days, 19:44, 1 user, load average: 1.64, 1.28, 1.12

Had to reboot 20 days ago. Reboot planned early Sunday morning to address some stability issues with the kernel. I don't like reboots but hopefully this is the last one for a long time. The other was the power outage on Incero racks, but the new system has A+B power.

• xBytezxBytez Member
    edited March 2013

I might try CatalystHost, let me see how much it costs...

Edit: nah, It seems to expensive for what I have now.

• One of my DNS cluster nodes with them:

21:28:30 up 51 days, 19:27,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Monitoring node:

11:29:17 up 39 days, 20:47,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• apavaapava Member

@DalComp said: I've been reading good words about Catalyst Host.

Though if you're praising their uptime I hope to get more details rather than a 2 days in the screenshot.

I understand;

As I said in the review the few problems encountered errors have been mine, give me a few moments capture another climb another vps I have with them

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited March 2013

@apava said: As I said in the review the few problems encountered errors have been mine, give me a few moments capture another climb another vps I have with them

Just share your experience with them. How long you have been with them and how are they holding up the 99% uptime guarantee.

Output from "uptime" command is not really reliable anyway, as reboot, maintenance, and user-reinstall happen all the time.

• wdqwdq Member

@DalComp As I said in the review I wrote last week I have been with CatalystHost for five months now and besides myself rebooting my own VPS every once in a while for things like running an update I only have memories of the node going down once or twice. And when they were down they were only down for a few minutes.

It seems that they are pretty much only down when there is some issue with the datacenter like when the power went out a couple of months ago, or when CatalystHost wants to go in and have some scheduled maintenance.

edited March 2013

Against all suggestions not to, we host our website on our own services. There is discussion about changing this, but for now it stays true. So this particular pingdom page can be looked at as a reflection of our uptime: http://stats.pingdom.com/mw1dqfq9k9pf/598067

Just for what it's worth. In this time frame it could be called luck, objectively. Our hope is by not cutting certain corners it comes back as a little more than just luck.

• apavaapava Member

@DalComp said: Just share your experience with them. How long you have been with them and how are they holding up the 99% uptime guarantee.

Output from "uptime" command is not really reliable anyway, as reboot, maintenance, and user-reinstall happen all the time.

This will be the four months with them, the first month was 100% uptime any lost packages monitored by Pingdom, the second and third month was 99.97 99.99 due to a failure in an application that I have stayed. :)

• Are their support really good?

• @jarland @ryanarp You're just in the US atm, right? If so, any plans to expand into Europe?

@krs360 yep right now we are in the US, we currently don't have any immediate plans to venture into Europe. Then again who knows, it can always happen.

@jcaleb I can't speak for @apava, but I thought I would tag him to see if he would like to expand on that. He mention support briefly in his review, but didn't go into details.

• apavaapava Member

@jcaleb said: Are their support really good?

@ryanarp said: @jcaleb I can't speak for @apava, but I thought I would tag him to see if he would like to expand on that. He mention support briefly in his review, but didn't go into details.

What if it's good?

Personally of all companies we have hired, this has been the best support service, from purchase through implementation, and Ryan Jarland always aware of everything from the high consumption of resources to backup, as I said before my vps interruptions failures have been mine, but thanks to the support I have solved. I'm happy :)

@jcaleb said: Are their support really good?

We're actually pretty bad. I paid @apava to say otherwise.

In before someone thinks I'm serious :P

• @krs360 said: If so, any plans to expand into Europe?

I'd like them to expand to the Best Coast first..

• apavaapava Member

Excuse my English :)

• flyfly Member

@ihatetonyy said: I'd like them to expand to the Best Coast first..

oh you mean high-latency-to-everywhere coast?

edited March 2013

@ihatetonyy said: I'd like them to expand to the Best Coast first..

I want to be in a west coast or west coast-ish datacenter that no one else here is in. Somewhere with a clean slate rep in the LEB market to be judged from a fresh perspective ;)

• @fly said: oh you mean high-latency-to-everywhere coast?

Not within glorious Commiefornia, at least.

@ihatetonyy said: Not within glorious Commiefornia, at least.

No desire on my end to be in California :) I am sure when we find a place on the west coast, we will be sure to let everyone know. Just has to meet the standard of quality we are happy with in Dallas.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Our New VPS service will be in CA which is great so it's not like it's expensive here.

Cali has some nice stuff, I just wanna make a break for what's typical and do something out of the ordinary ;)

• @jarland said: We're actually pretty bad. I paid @apava to say otherwise.

I knew it!

• @jarland said: do something out of the ordinary ;)

@jarland said: datacenter that no one else here is in.

Well, I'm sure there's a datacenter or two in Fresno. Certainly an out of the ordinary location..

• @apava said: Personally of all companies we have hired, this has been the best support service, from purchase through implementation, and Ryan Jarland always aware of everything from the high consumption of resources to backup, as I said before my vps interruptions failures have been mine, but thanks to the support I have solved. I'm happy :)

Agree now

• @jarland How about Alaska? :p

Yes I am picking on you Jarland but it would be cool if possible. Expensive most likely but cool none the less. I have not even looked into it. The location just popped into my head and I had to throw it at you.

@jcaleb said: Agree now

I will admit you sure did throw us for a loop. The dead giveaway should have been that you were really good about opening new tickets. Most seem to just keep reply to presales ticket :) Anyways glad you got to experience our service and glad to keep you on board :)

@AuroraZ said: Expensive most likely but cool none the less.

Well we could save money on keeping the nodes cool. :P