Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Choice for a Website hosting against spammers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good Choice for a Website hosting against spammers

Hi all,
I have been receiving tons of emails after registering a domain (without a private registration), I want to host a site to display their spammer mail id and content they sent,
So naturally they would retaliate. Sadly my budget is limited. What kind of hosting service is appropriate for hosting content that is likely to be targeted by those entities(Spammers).

Comments

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Any host that offers DDoS protection like OVH.

Thanked by 1kimfast
  • As someone who uses disposable emails essentially everywhere, I know for a fact that Whois records are not a major source of spam. I've also done similar "doxxing" of spammers in the past, and I can tell you it's pointless. Very few people actually care, and spammers are not going to waste their time and money by retaliating.

The only real solution to spam that I've found is to stop giving everyone the same email address. For the few that trickle in from unavoidable exposure (e.g., having my résumé on Dice is my biggest source of spam), drop the IP address of the spammer into your firewall.

Thanked by 2kimfast ricardo
  • Somewhat agree with above. I've registered hundreds of domains over the last year with non-obfuscated details. There's maybe about half a dozen or so recurring emails that come, along the lines of 1) Offering SEO or site design 2) scammy request to 'complete registration' to confuse newbies 3) Offering a similar domain.

I doubt the efficacy of naming and shaming these outfits, they couldn't care less and are probably in locations where the law could care less also.

• @ricardo said:
    Somewhat agree with above. I've registered hundreds of domains over the last year with non-obfuscated details. There's maybe about half a dozen or so recurring emails that come, along the lines of 1) Offering SEO or site design 2) scammy request to 'complete registration' to confuse newbies 3) Offering a similar domain.

I doubt the efficacy of naming and shaming these outfits, they couldn't care less and are probably in locations where the law could care less also.

here is what I do let zimbra's spam filter catch them so I don't even see them anymore in my inbox lol.

Thanked by 1kimfast
  • @ricardo said:
    2) scammy request to 'complete registration' to confuse newbies

That's the type of around 95% of the spam I see coming to my registration contact address. Even then, it tends to come to an old address; spam lists take a while to build up steam. For example, the address I used in 2014 last got a spam on June 17st and May 21st before that. So maybe two or three spam a month right now, which is essentially background noise, and if the volume ever picks up I can just kill the address because it's already outdated.

Thanked by 1kimfast