Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be interested in failover KVM VPS @ LEB prices?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you be interested in failover KVM VPS @ LEB prices?

serverianserverian Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hello,

I'm trying to offer something that community may be interested in. 6 months ago I've offered a redundant/failover cloud (virtual datacenter) package at within LEB price and it converted very good. I'm looking to offer a similar deal again if not better.

The previous offer was:

KVM Hypervisor

1 vCPU @ 2.66 GHz
512MB RAM
10GB SSD Space (@ external SAN)
10GB HDD Space (@ external SAN)
1TB Traffic limit @ 1Gbps uplink
1 IPv4 (IPv6 available on request)
In Lombard, IL (Near Chicago)
$6.5/month

So my question is: "Do you think this offer would interest you, or would you rather have something different?" Any suggestion is welcome.

===============================================================

The Architecture:

N + 1 Hypervisor boxes with self healing feature (Your VM spawns on the backup hypervisor in case of a hardware failure)

External SSD RAID 10 SAN
External HDD RAID 10 SAN

The Hardware:

HP and Supermicro Boxes

Dual Intel X5650 CPUs
Intel 520 SSDs
Seagate Constellation 7200rpm SAS drives
LSI 9265-8i RAID controllers /w FastPath + BBU

The Network:

Carriers: Internap, Hurricane Electric and Nlayer/Packetexchange

ASN: AS53264
Total downtime in the last 6 months: 23 minutes

Benchmarks:

Cachefly: 100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 68.4M/s in 1.5s

SSD dd: 1.29815 s, 827 MB/s
FIO Read IO/s: 51656.0

Comments

• Hi,

If you add swap in product, I think it would be more suitable to many needs.

• @realweb said: If you add swap in product, I think it would be more suitable to many needs.

It's KVM, you can add swap partition when installing ;)

• @serverian said: Do you think this offer would interest you, or would you rather have something different?

Yes :)

• @amarc, yes. The current order page allows you customize any package you'd like. However, I need to offer some kind of package should be within LET/LEB rules.

• Sent PM @amarc.

• My only issue is with the DC (Continuum), which is AFAIK one of the cheapest colo providers and which, until last year if I remembered correctly, had single-peered network that uses only HE routes. Therefore, even though there is failover and other HA set ups, it is still based off a relatively budget DC.

• @zhuanyi, yeah I would worry about that, too. However, as I mentioned, we only had 23 minutes of downtime in the last 6 months. That's about 99.991% network uptime.

I'm not sure if they are budget, either. We are paying $1300 for a 1gbps full cabinet. It's the same price in most of the datacenters including very well known and trusted Colo@

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I would be very interested in this indeed.

Could you PM me a price for a 4GB plan (LEB prices done matter)

Ant.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited March 2013

@serverian said: We are paying $1300 for a 1gbps full cabinet.

1gbps unmetered? Wow, that's a pretty good deal.

Their price is pretty budget if you ask me: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1209700, particularly with free remote hands, but of course, I agree with you that the uptime is pretty awesome at 99.991%

• @AnthonySmith, sent you a PM.

I don't know @zhuanyi, many datacenters have quoted us about the same, except free remote hands.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Also possibly interested for a project of mine