Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who knows about Alvotech GmbH from Germany?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who knows about Alvotech GmbH from Germany?

millkissmillkiss Member
edited June 2016 in Help

Hi Guys,

1\Who knows about Alvotech GmbH from Germany?

2\What is the reputation of the company?

Thanks.

Comments

• tommytommy Member

no thanks

lowend detective has retired

• @tommy said:
    no thanks

lowend detective has retired

What are you saying about?

• IshaqIshaq Member

I heard they send a collections agency after you if you forget to cancel the server.

• @Ishaq said:
    I heard they send a collections agency after you if you forget to cancel the server.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

• I used their services and was very good experience.
    I don't know, good ? hahaha

• millkissmillkiss Member
    edited June 2016

@gustavargas said:
    I used their services and was very good experience.
    I don't know, good ? hahaha

Amsterdam or Frankfurt?

Is this a mature, aggressive company?

• Frankfurt, a vServer L.

edited June 2016

@gustavargas said:
    Frankfurt, a vServer L.

Ok, I know.

But Alvotech GmbH Don't have their own IDC ?

__

And are you know Contabo.com ?

• FalzoFalzo Member

as far as I can tell alvotech are in the market for several years (at least in germany) and as they are properly incorporated as GmbH they are most likely not the usual one man summer show. can't tell about service quality though, as I have no services with them.

make sure to read terms of service and how they expect you to cancel services, usually their is no such thing like justt stop paying with german contractors.

edited June 2016

@Falzo said:
    as far as I can tell alvotech are in the market for several years (at least in germany) and as they are properly incorporated as GmbH they are most likely not the usual one man summer show. can't tell about service quality though, as I have no services with them.

make sure to read terms of service and how they expect you to cancel services, usually their is no such thing like justt stop paying with german contractors.

Thank you,Friend.

but Can you explain it briefly?

Data loss is catastrophic.

Because the data is very important, so need a very reliable company.

• FalzoFalzo Member

what to explain briefly? as told I am not their customer so can't tell about quality of their service itself. it's only a guess but it can't be that bad overall if they offer services in 4 locations and are able to stay in the market for more then 6 years I think, but that's just my guess.

there are a lot of other german players like netcup.eu , keyweb.eu or ultravps.eu and so on (not to mention the big ones like hetzner and hosteurope) so you have to decide on your budget, which one you'd like to go for.

and regarding cancellation as told before, with most german providers you have to cancel your contract actively, sometimes even in written form.
    most services are renewing automatically even if you stop paying them.
    which may lead to some providers going after you for getting that money if you didn't cancel in a timely manner like their terms of contract says.

edited June 2016

@Falzo said:
    what to explain briefly? as told I am not their customer so can't tell about quality of their service itself. it's only a guess but it can't be that bad overall if they offer services in 4 locations and are able to stay in the market for more then 6 years I think, but that's just my guess.

there are a lot of other german players like netcup.eu , keyweb.eu or ultravps.eu and so on (not to mention the big ones like hetzner and hosteurope) so you have to decide on your budget, which one you'd like to go for.

and regarding cancellation as told before, with most german providers you have to cancel your contract actively, sometimes even in written form.
    which may lead to some providers going after you for getting that money if you didn't cancel in a timely manner like their terms of contract says.

Well, that's all right.

Thank you guy.

Contabo.com is more reliable.

• @millkiss said:

@Falzo said:

Well, that's all right.

Thank you guy.

Really? You are on the wrong path then...

hetzner,netcup,colorhost thats what you want if your data is important...

• MuZoMuZo Member

If your data is important, do backups indifferently from the provider..

Thanked by 2bersy raynor
  • @ZweiTiger said:

@millkiss said:

@Falzo said:

Well, that's all right.

Thank you guy.

Really? You are on the wrong path then...

hetzner,netcup,colorhost thats what you want if your data is important...

In fact, I was worried that they don't provide a warning of the case suddenly "disappeared".

• FalzoFalzo Member

millkiss said: Contabo.com is more reliable.

haven't been with them either, but there are definitely more reviews about them, then on e.g. alvotech and most of them are ... mixed to say at least.
    so they have a worse reputation then alvotech for sure (which doesn't neccessarily say something about quality at all)

contabo have a very competetive pricing, so probably it is just about expectations of customers at this given pricetag. yet they are also staying in the market for a very long period, probably not everything they're doing can be that bad...

always adjust your budget to your expectations. I probably wouldn't go with either of both services for important projects without having tested them at least for some weeks...

and yes:

MuZo said: If your data is important, do backups indifferently from the provider..

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Go to RamNode.

/thread

• FalzoFalzo Member

millkiss said: In fact, I was worried that they don't provide a warning of the case suddenly "disappeared".

probably none of the mentioned businesses in this thread so far are to be disappearing without notice shortly. as said above they are properly incorporated businesses, GmbH in germany is comparable to a limited but with at least 25000 € in share capital (probably both businesses already increased that)

you can read official documents like commercial register online for them, there are legal and clearly named CEOs and such - not that kind of most wannabes in shady businesses around the globe which don't even state a real name on their webpage.

some laws are very strict in germany, tax fraud and therefore the need for proper business registrations are amongst them ;-)

• @Falzo said:

millkiss said: In fact, I was worried that they don't provide a warning of the case suddenly "disappeared".

probably none of the mentioned businesses in this thread so far are to be disappearing without notice shortly. as said above they are properly incorporated businesses, GmbH in germany is comparable to a limited but with at least 25000 € in share capital (probably both businesses already increased that)

you can read official documents like commercial register online for them, there are legal and clearly named CEOs and such - not that kind of most wannabes in shady businesses around the globe which don't even state a real name on their webpage.

some laws are very strict in germany, tax fraud and therefore the need for proper business registrations are amongst them ;-)

Thank you very much for your patience!

Because I did't live in the EU, the EU, particularly in Germany, the commercial law is not very understanding.

-

I am ready to observe the next Contabo.com and Alvotech GmbH.

Thank you once again!.

• FalzoFalzo Member

Radi said: Go to RamNode.

why? while not knowing what OP is looking for in detail, e.g. 1GB KVM @ >$10 (or even larger services) are available with a lot of decent providers.
    nothing against ramnode but they are not the only good ones and if you are on a budget it always should be wise to watch out for other offers.

• WHTWHT Member

I never deal with german brands. Allways some kind of rules, cancel till this date or pay the whole year. If you dont pay, police is on your door. Crap

edited June 2016

Above

everybody, thank you so much

• ShadeShade Member

Go with Netcup if you want uptime and company reliability.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Shade said:
    Go with Netcup if you want uptime and company reliability.

They got high prices now. Here is the new generation.

https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/

Not so cheap...

• FalzoFalzo Member

ZweiTiger said: Not so cheap...

cheaper than ramnode for sure and while our team reached quarterfinals you get one month free by now... maybe more if they manage to get over pizza boys ;-)

• CryckCryck Member

WHT said: I never deal with german brands. Allways some kind of rules, cancel till this date or pay the whole year. If you dont pay, police is on your door. Crap

I used around 20 - 30 german hosters and never got such a problem. If you just read carefully through the ToS nothing unexpected will happen.

Thanked by 2Falzo jh_aurologic
    edited June 2016

Looking for Los Angeles.

Germany to East Asia, the line is Problematic.

• FalzoFalzo Member

millkiss said: Looking for Los Angeles.

LOL.

would have been helpful to not waste time if you told that somewhat earlier, don't you think so?

neither contabo nor netcup are offering that but a whole bunch of other players besides alvotech...

• shafireshafire Member
    edited June 2016

@WHT said:
    I never deal with german brands. Allways some kind of rules, cancel till this date or pay the whole year. If you dont pay, police is on your door. Crap

Police? Don't exaggerate!

Thanked by 1Frecyboy