Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BitPay delayed payments - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BitPay delayed payments

2»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@SplitIce said:
    @KuJoe, 1/200 wow

For anything at all its in the 1/thousands for us.

With PayPal I included Fraudulent payments. Those are plenty costly.

Yeah, that's the downside of selling cheap VPSs. People think we don't care about our network/hardware because we're only charge a dollar or two a month, but that's not the case at all and we don't care if you're paying us $1/month or $100/month, we have no problem dropping clients for abuse.

I wasn't including disputes/chargebacks since we get maybe 1 every 6 months at most.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

KuJoe said: If those same users found out we had our confirmations set to 0 they would cause us a much higher financial loss than they already do.

It's still not entirely trivial to pull off a double spend attack, especially if you're using a large payment processor (which would have more traffic going through their Bitcoin nodes, so update to next block more quickly, and also probably setup to only allow incoming connections from trusted nodes so that the attacker can't connect directly to pull off the attack) like Bitpay.

• @KuJoe said:

Abdussamad said: Accepting 0 conf txs is the same as accepting payment via credit cards or paypal. In all 3 cases there is a slight chance of payment reversal.

While this is true, I've found that clients paying with bitcoin have a higher percentage of abuse and cause more problems than clients paying with credit card and PayPal (I am not saying that all clients paying with bitcoin are bad clients, I am just saying that based on the numbers there is a higher percentage of bad clients paying with bitcoin than with PayPal or credit card). If those same users found out we had our confirmations set to 0 they would cause us a much higher financial loss than they already do.

Vultr had the same issue. They gave up on letting new users pay with Bitcoin, since it was attracting extreme amounts of abuse.

• I've had next to no abuse with bitcoin, people know they can't get their money back.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

linuxthefish said: I've had next to no abuse with bitcoin, people know they can't get their money back.

I see a lot of spammers using bitcoin, I just block port 25 outbound on the 1st complaint, sux to be them

• perennate said: Anyway, I didn't say anything about payment processors having a control of the blockchain

Sorry I confused you with the guy you were replying to:

tr1cky said: Alternatively check out stripe. Confirmations are usually very fast.

He seems to think that stripe or bitpay have control over confirmations.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@linuxthefish said:
    I've had next to no abuse with bitcoin, people know they can't get their money back.

Same here. I've never had any abuse from anyone paying with Bitcoins so far. Maybe we're just lucky!

• @MikeA said:

@linuxthefish said:
    I've had next to no abuse with bitcoin, people know they can't get their money back.

Same here. I've never had any abuse from anyone paying with Bitcoins so far. Maybe we're just lucky!

No issues with fake details then?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Domin43 said:

@MikeA said:

@linuxthefish said:

nope.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

We have not had any issues with our payments. As long as you meet the withdraw amount.

Not sure if it matters of what Tier Level that you are on with them. We are on the Tier 3 and have always gotten our payments fast.

• CasterCaster Member
    edited July 2016

I have to say this :

• Since April they have gone nuts.
    • Now charges 1% as fees (no max. ; but still less than PayPal i guess ?)
    • Have been super slow sending the payment
    • Too many verifications to be passed now

I made my own module @ Blockchain.info'a API and a failover using block.io

You can check out coinbase though. Integration is super easy and works the way you want it. Plus a superb team that's always ready to help you.

• @Domin43 said:

@MikeA said:

@linuxthefish said:

Even when paying with bitcoin not accepting orders with proxy or obvious fake address is common sense.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

BitPay takes around 6 confirmations minimum to reflect it in your account (atleast for our account)

Most of the time the confirmations are done within 5 minutes and I've been using BitPay WHMCS module from 2014, never had issue what so ever.

You need to contact them and their support desk is very friendly.

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

We usually have fast confirmations using BitPay. It's not really related to BitPay, but more to the way the bitcoin network sets 'priority'. Transactions with low or even no fee will most likely have low priority and will take hours to confirm.