Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alpharacks.com wouldn't refund me - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

alpharacks.com wouldn't refund me

2»

Comments

• Host4GoHost4Go Member
    edited June 2016

@jarland said:

@paulof said:

@jarland said:

@paulof said:
    And then. Business scale, along with client base, tools and team.

Haha alright. For your sake I hope you stay small and comfortable then. Do me a favor and find me to let me get the "I told you so" in when you outgrow that mindset.

I'll gladly discuss business details with you over a beer, not over a public forum.

You might as well commentto the other part of my post ;)

I haven't taken a particular interest in the post-ticket details here to be honest. Was more interested in the notion of "scam" and then the idea that they should manually review all cancellations for potential refund scenarios.

SCAM is too strong of a word for this topic.

TLDR:

• OP subscribed a VPS

• Canceled the VPS within 24h and expected to be refunded according to the 3 days "trial"

• The refund never came and the OP submited a ticket to reclaim the refund

• Provider said the ticket came too late thus refund is not due. Ignoring the cancellation date.

That pretty much sums it up.

Note: To be clear. To me, the issue is that they should accept the client request, regardless of when the ticket was submitted, granted that the cancelation is submitted with the 3 days trial.
    Its not for the client to be con concerned about auto/manual actions. Its non of their business really.

Thanked by 2jar Dumbledore
  • WHTWHT Member

He is still under the 3 days policy so if he dident get refunded he got scammed.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2016

@WHT said:
    He is still under the 3 days policy so if he dident get refunded he got scammed.

I do not believe that AlphaRacks had knowingly participated in a scheme or swindle to attempt to screw people out of money. I'd be happy to review any evidence of that being the case. If there is a date issue, it is most likely confusion. Hopefully someone from there can read this and shed some light on it.

• I guess its a pretty common scenario these days with hosts. Even currently i am having trouble getting refund from one of the known vps provider here. I wont declare name just now cause i wanna give them a chance to respond. Its been 3 days now since i asked for cancelling service and refund but no response from them(not even reply to it), and when i saw the support ticket timing, its moved to today.. I guess cheap tactics... Anyway lets see, its 30 days moneyback so i still have hope..

• chaoschaos Member

@jarland said:

@WHT said:

I do not believe that AlphaRacks had knowingly participated in a scheme or swindle to attempt to screw people out of money. I'd be happy to review and evidence of that being the case. If there is a date issue, it is most likely confusion. Hopefully someone from there can read this and shed some light on it.

Hi
    Here's alpharacks server time
    VPS setup time: Jun 21,2016 at 10:42 PM
    Cancel time: Jun 22,2016 at 12:09 PM
    Ticket time: Jun 24,2016 at 07:23 AM

edited June 2016

@chaos said:
    Hi
    Here's alpharacks server time
    VPS setup time: Jun 21,2016 at 10:42 PM
    Cancel time: Jun 22,2016 at 12:09 PM
    Ticket time: Jun 24,2016 at 07:23 AM

So we're talking about 14 hours inside of the 3 day window. If that's true and time zone isn't causing confusion anywhere, that's a reasonable bit within the refund time given the time is only 72 hours as a whole.

• GCatGCat Member

tl;dr of thread ->

op is claiming scam, jarland changed title, op is chinese, and scamming is all the new rage on Low End Complaints.

• jarland said: Hi, you must process all cancellations by hand and manually consider all variables carefully.

In other words, you must have less than 500 customers. It's amazing what you can do while you're a small business that you can't do without incredible price increases later.

When a business is small it has more flexibility, after it grows it needs more flexibility by hiring people to do the job the owner can't do it by himself, right ?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
    edited June 2016

Catalin said: When a business is small it has more flexibility, after it grows it needs more flexibility by hiring people to do the job the owner can't do it by himself, right ?

Unfortunately, it only works that way if you price yourself to be able to hire the necessary staff to maintain your vision of quality. However, doing that makes you not competitive in the market space, and a one person company without competitive pricing is less likely to grow its customer base to the size of needing to hire people anyway.

Sample scenario: You wouldn't pay $40/m for shared hosting from a company run by one person, but a company selling shared hosting for $0.40/m can't afford to hire quality staff when it reaches 25,000 customers. So in that scenario you end up with a company with 25,000 customers, one person running it, and that person cannot handle every single situation manually at all times as:

1. They cannot survive off of that money alone.
    2. They cannot hire quality staff with that money.

That's not to say that you cannot grow from a single person company with low prices to a large business with employees. If you're willing to automate things and accept that you cannot review every single event by hand, you're fine. That's an inevitable point for growth of a small company with competitive pricing. Alternatively, "fake it until you make it" to reel in customers at high prices while you're a tiny company. You can do it if you're good, and many people have, but it's not something you'd bet on just anyone pulling off.

• Hi,

Chaos, a full refund has been sent. As Jarland pointed out we are definitely not in the profession of screwing anyone out of their money, and anyone is always welcome to request a transfer of a ticket to me if they feel my staff is not properly handling their request.

The staff handling this ticket only recently joined the billing department. I regret that this ticket was not handled properly to my expectations and fully accept culpability that this part of training was overlooked. I have now informed him of the proper refunding procedures.

As every company who is in the growing and scaling stage, one person can't always handle everything in every department; a number of new staff were added to AlphaRacks throughout last year and this year in order to be able to provide our customers with the response times they expect.

Julian

• reezalaqreezalaq Member
    edited December 2016

@alpharacks said:
    Hi,

Chaos, a full refund has been sent. As Jarland pointed out we are definitely not in the profession of screwing anyone out of their money, and anyone is always welcome to request a transfer of a ticket to me if they feel my staff is not properly handling their request.

The staff handling this ticket only recently joined the billing department. I regret that this ticket was not handled properly to my expectations and fully accept culpability that this part of training was overlooked. I have now informed him of the proper refunding procedures.

As every company who is in the growing and scaling stage, one person can't always handle everything in every department; a number of new staff were added to AlphaRacks throughout last year and this year in order to be able to provide our customers with the response times they expect.

Julian

Dear Julian (Alpharacks)

I just subscribed to your service yesterday, (refer invoice atached) :

After migrating all my files to server I requested for site.pro installation on my cpanel but your "staff" Cory S. decided to deny my request simply because Alpharacks "don't install free software on their server ??

FYI: There 3 types of licenses offered by site.pro to hosting companies including resellers like me so they don't have to rely 100% from selling domain & hosting packages.

I was hoping for a long term relationship & building trust with my potential clients by providing easing to use website builder instead your staff suggested "Site Publisher" a worthless site builder with boring & limited template.

Please check my ticket #909916 because your staff have not respond to my tickets since hours ago.

Thank you.

Reezal.https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/86364/alpharacks-com-wouldn-t-refund-me#

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@reeaaq

First of this is a very bad necro post

2nd if you want a Custom configuration you don't take a shared server, you go for a VPS or a Dedi

And lastly, if you were hoping for a long term relationship, I don't think the other party will want the same after the stunt you just pulled here.

• @reezalaq said:

@alpharacks said:
    Hi,

Julian

Dear Julian (Alpharacks)

I just subscribed to your service yesterday, (refer invoice atached) :

After migrating all my files to server I requested for site.pro installation on my cpanel but your "staff" Cory S. decided to deny my request simply because Alpharacks "don't install free software on their server ??

FYI: There 3 types of licenses offered by site.pro to hosting companies including resellers like me so they don't have to rely 100% from selling domain & hosting packages.

I was hoping for a long term relationship & building trust with my potential clients by providing easing to use website builder instead your staff suggested "Site Publisher" a worthless site builder with boring & limited template.

Please check my ticket #909916 because your staff have not respond to my tickets since hours ago.

Thank you.

Reezal.https://www.lowendtalk.com/dis

cussion/86364/alpharacks-com-wouldn-t-refund-me#

Ask them also to install some script so you can hack their server :)
    How can someone install things that every client wants? And still you blame them?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2016

@reezalaq So, you bought an extremely cheap shared hosting yearly server (12$ per year) and you requested to... install to THEIR servers the crap you wanted? If I were them, I would close the ticket as abuse without even to answer you and after you posted something like that here, I would kick you out of the service again, without refund, for trying to bash me.
    Luckily you posted your real name here. So, I hope every other provider will notice that and ban you from their network.

P.S. Nice business you have (gmhostinghub.com). You rely your business to a 12$ per year cheappie shared hosting services from another provider! Unbelievable!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It is threads like these that make me want to put a small exam in front of the order process that people have to pass first, i could probably reduce my prices further if I did that.

Thanked by 2HyperSpeed doghouch
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    It is threads like these that make me want to put a small exam in front of the order process that people have to pass first, i could probably reduce my prices further if I did that.

I'm up for it, so long as it doesn't include long devision or those trigonometric buttons you've never needed to press on a calculator

Thanked by 1Yura
  • Not that I don't understand and don't agree but Cory's response was completely unclear to someone with no experience, so in this case both parties are at fault.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2016

@AnthonySmith said:

Virtwire used to do that.

"Do you fully understand that refunds are NOT available? Selecting no will result in immediate suspension after ordering."

"Do you understand the Legal Terms? Do you agree with them? Selecting no will result in refusal of service."

"Do you understand that there is NO TICKET SUPPORT for BudgetVZ servers? Opening a ticket that doesn't involve downtime, or network issues will result in it being closed and marked as abuse."

With these options, you (basically) escape all liability and any chance of a refund request lol

• Even though this is resolved, I thought I'd post this image :P

• ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr said:
    @reezalaq So, you bought an extremely cheap shared hosting yearly server (12$ per year) and you requested to... install to THEIR servers the crap you wanted? If I were them, I would close the ticket as abuse without even to answer you and after you posted something like that here, I would kick you out of the service again, without refund, for trying to bash me.
    Luckily you posted your real name here. So, I hope every other provider will notice that and ban you from their network.

P.S. Nice business you have (gmhostinghub.com). You rely your business to a 12$ per year cheappie shared hosting services from another provider! Unbelievable!

Thats a bit extreme wouldn't you say? Maybe a tad bit impatient, however I did not not find the questions to be abusive. I know I have personally come across plenty of clients who did not truly understand the different between Shared and VPS services (especially when WHM is involved).

• @doghouch said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Virtwire used to do that.

"Do you fully understand that refunds are NOT available? Selecting no will result in immediate suspension after ordering."

"Do you understand the Legal Terms? Do you agree with them? Selecting no will result in refusal of service."

"Do you understand that there is NO TICKET SUPPORT for BudgetVZ servers? Opening a ticket that doesn't involve downtime, or network issues will result in it being closed and marked as abuse."

With these options, you escape all liability lol

VirtWire...nostalgia :D They had some good forum topics back then^^