Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS abandoning NC - forced migrations to GA with nearly no warning. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS abandoning NC - forced migrations to GA with nearly no warning.

2»

Comments

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited March 2013

@NateN34 said: Huh? Actually it has only improved drastically lately, from what I've seen.

They have had about 3 scheduled downtimes lately and that was due to network maintenance, where they were adding more network capacity or improving things.
    I personally seen huge route improvements and speed increases. Went from 75 ms ping from Minnesota, to 48 ms.

Sorry I was talking about stability, not speed. For the past week or so I got at least 3 or 4 emails from Pingdom telling me the Dacentec server is offline and come back literally minutes later.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ElliotJ said: Tim's services are a awesome; great network, excellent performance, straight-forward no-bullshit support.

Highly recommended.

Yes. I've been a Hostigation customer for several years. No complaints at all. Even when there were issues (long time ago, when he used to have backup nodes) the problems were handled very well.

• @UGVPS said: Colocrossing has a good US network but not entirely true, I still offer services in Coventry, UK and do not have any plans to discontinue that. I'm just waiting for more hardware to be built before I can offer more stock there.

I am just spotting a general trend among US providers, nothing against you or UVPS in general.

@UGVPS said: The main decision behind the move was because of the network, and also blocking mails on our ACL switch by default, and although it was lifted after i made a ticket, a week later mailing is blocked again and upon an abuse complaint they would block mailing again.

My honest thought, Crystal, is by doing things like this, you are basically presenting people an image that you are not a good decision-maker with long term visions. Including your previous post asking if your own brandname is good. Not trying to trash your business image by any means, but threads like this definitely speak less positively about you and UGVPS. Just my 2 cents.