Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fetch as Google gives 500 error, But page loads?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fetch as Google gives 500 error, But page loads?

MTUser2012MTUser2012 Member
edited March 2013 in General

My Google and Bing Webmaster Tools account is full of server 500 errors for one of my sites. At first I thought this was a mistake as you click on any of the urls and they load just fine. Then I tried fetch as Google and Fetch as Bing and I get 500 errors. I tried hiring someone to help me with this. That person diagnosed a bad plug-in, (these are WP sites), and deleted all the errors from GWT and BWT. Within a week, all the errors are back in the Tools and the URLs are giving 500 errors. So I think we can safely assume the problem is elsewhere.

I would be willing to compensate someone who could both fix this problem and explain to me what I am doing wrong so I can learn.

Comments

• Would you like to PM me your website so I can have a look?

• I believe auto translate plugin that you use cause of this.

• @George_Fusioned. Thank you, PM sent.

@Noerman, thank you for the suggestion, the site is in English, and English results have the error. I don't have any translation plugins installed that I am aware of.

• From my experience it was problem with .htaccess file, caching plugins, or file permissions. You might want to check on that.

• @dalcomp. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look.

@fly. Thanks. I found this when I started by Googling the problem. It wasn't very helpful in that I know it is something on my server, but what?

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited March 2013

@MTUser2012 Investigating some problem like this can take minutes until days. But be sure to check rules within .htaccess, reload cache, and disable plugins to test it. Try re-install wordpress, check the firewall (if you an admin) etc.

@MTUser2012 said: That person diagnosed a bad plug-in

What plugins he/she refers to, please mention it here.

• @Noerman The plugin the contractor told was causing the problems was All In One SEO pack. He disabled it, but still the problem persists.

• @MTUser2012 Hit me at support at namestation.info if you like and I will give you more webmaster-alike helps. I'm a vps administrator here :)

I'm not going to pursue some money here unless I have to digging around within your site to find the culprit. But for free, it will takes some times, since I will help you by email and within my spare time.

In case you don't want to emailing me, have you check .htaccess, your sitemap file, any related plugins that may interfere your site with others, have you try accessing your site from another IPs?

Also errors within GWT and BWT usually takes some times to recover or fixed (1-3 months). Also what themes do you use, also can be a factor to save some time on fixing it. But all that just something I figure since I don't have the detailed info.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2018

@yangelmar said:
    The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with your browser, your computer, or your internet connection. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

*Check the Error Logs
    *Errors in .htaccess files
    *Clear your browser cookies and cache
    *Reload or Refresh the Webpage

Not Yet?

If you've tried to troubleshoot your 500 ADS SPAM CUNT and still can't fix it, then you may need to speak to your web host and see if they are able to find what process or script is causing the error.

... nice spam post. Also, thanks for the 5 year necro, you spamming bot spam dick spam bad SEO!