Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Troubles with keyboard layout with VNC on KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Troubles with keyboard layout with VNC on KVM

berndy2001berndy2001 Member
edited June 2016 in Help

Hello all,

i have troubles with the keyboard layout when using vnc to connect to my kvm.
In xfce layout ist set to german, but it doesn´t work. Can´t enter a "-" which should be next to "0" on us-keyboards, nothing happens.

Can I solve this by myself or is this a setting my provider must change? In SolusVM there is a setting "VNC Keymap" with the only value "default".

There is no difference between the solusvm-html-vnc-viewer and standalone ultravnc-viewer.

Comments

• pcanpcan Member

The SolusVM console does have a keymap selector for the VNC console, but usually providers disable it and you only see the "default" value. The purpose is to pass the keyboard flag to Qemu. You need to ask the provider to enable the feature.

• berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited June 2016

@pcan said:

thank you, I opened a ticket. Hope they can fix this. Otherwise i´m happy with the kvm. Also found a pic showing a different value: http://i.imgur.com/O2F3Vvf.png

Edit: Problem solved, they added the keyboard layout.