Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for yearly plans under $10 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for yearly plans under $10

2»

Comments

• GCatGCat Member

On a serious note, if you're willing to double your $10/yr budget to $20/yr, I can provide you a raspberry pi 2b, hosted in Toronto, on Rogers network (PM for test IP) or Bell (rogers is better though for servers), business 1gbit, with 60 GB SSD remote storage, and 500 GB monthly bandwidth allowance.

• If there's anything like this in Germany I'd be interested as well. That way I won't have to make a thread like this again :-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Ishaq said: Ashburn not suitable I suppose?

Just haven't got around to ordering yet :-)

quadhost said: PM'd.

Too much latency, thanks anyway.

GCat said: On a serious note, if you're willing to double your $10/yr budget to $20/yr, I can provide you a raspberry pi 2b, hosted in Toronto, on Rogers network (PM for test IP) or Bell (rogers is better though for servers), business 1gbit, with 60 GB SSD remote storage, and 500 GB monthly bandwidth allowance.

That is an excellent offer, but simply overkill for what I need. Appreciate the offer nonetheless.

mpkossen said: If there's anything like this in Germany I'd be interested as well. That way I won't have to make a thread like this again :-)

Virmach have $7.50 128MB containers in Germany - they're currently out of stock but look to be taking backorders for a near-future restock.

• erkinerkin Member
    edited June 2016

OT: It's interesting to see how attitudes can change while requesting something.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

erkin said: OT: It's interesting to see how attitudes can change while requesting something.

Expand?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2016

@Nekki said:

@GCat said:
    for $10/year I can offer you 3 donuts (pick your own flavors), with an ethernet cable in the center of them instead of filling, and free shipping globally (disclaimer: globally means only canada because we are cheap as fuck), or two tacos with a 256 MB ram stick in each of them. High quality internet, fastest donut-to-donut connection, and taco-to-taco connection. Hosted in YoStomach DC, under 1ms ping or your money back.

Hmmm....can I have 1 taco and 1 and a half donuts?

@MrGeneral said:
    Wow, you're cheaper than I...!

The difference, El Cheaperino, is that I'm not asking the earth for $10 plus I'm not just looking for the lowest possible price so I get a bigger margin when reselling.

@Awmusic12635 said:
    $6 per year:

256MB RAM 5GB SSD Disk 1 IPv1 (Seattle, Dallas or NYC).

1 Available.

PM headed your way.

@Ishaq said:
    256MB Special. Slightly over your budget at $12/year but comes with 50Gbps DDoS mitigation (both v4 and v6) and /64 IPv6 subnet with full rDNS control for v4 and v6.

Good peering & latency to Europe.

Looking Glass.

Ashburn...int-er-est-ing

@cociu said:
    Romania Darling ?

Not at this point, looking for some differentiation in my datacentres today.

Nekkirino,

Some people tend to forget that this is LET, the right place to look for cheap deals that do not need premium support/redundancy...

No worries, I'm not attacking you though. Business is business and if I can save some bucks, I do.

I'm trying to get rich by saving every day! :p
    (From a famous interview that had a journalist asking to a rich guy: You are rich, why do you buy cheap cars?
    After which he replied to the journalist: Because I don't want to become poor) .

Good luck with your search, cunt.

• ATHKATHK Member

@Nekki said:

erkin said: OT: It's interesting to see how attitudes can change while requesting something.

Expand?

I think he means your attitude has changed because you're not trolling and wanting something from the community.

I don't think that he understands that you're a human, he might think you're some trolling software that has no soul.

Thanked by 2switsys erkin
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

NekkiTroll v5.0

Changelog:

Now with human powers. You won't guess its a software.

Thanked by 2theroyalstudent ATHK
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

ATHK said: I don't think that he understands that you're a human, he might think you're some trolling software that has no soul.

He's right about the 'no soul' bit, I traded mine for a killer deal on a dedi a few years ago.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • do these puppies have ipv6

• @texteditor said:

do these puppies have ipv6

To answer my own question, Yes, you get one IPv6 - but I can't get a straight answer from support whether the IP comes from a unique /64, or whether it is shared among all VPS customers.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@texteditor said: To answer my own question, Yes, you get one IPv6 - but I can't get a straight answer from support whether the IP comes from a unique /64, or whether it is shared among all VPS customers.

My Ashburn VMs come with 50Gbps of DDoS mitigation and a /64 subnet if that's of any interest to you. Starts at $12/year.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @cociu said:
    Romania Darling ?

Sir, can I have the link to pay for the vps?

• @Ishaq said:
    My Ashburn VMs come with 50Gbps of DDoS mitigation and a /64 subnet if that's of any interest to you. Starts at $12/year.

Starting a VPS business? Good luck! The Assburn location is actually very very tempting...

Thanked by 1bersy
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@theroyalstudent said:

@Ishaq said:

Starting a VPS business? Good luck! The Assburn location is actually very very tempting...

Good reminder, I still need to go and order one.

• @Nekki said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@Ishaq said:

Do tell us how it is - would like to know!

50Gbps mitigation, damn... me want!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ATHK said:

@Nekki said:

Expand?

I think he means your attitude has changed because you're not trolling and wanting something from the community.

As a moderator emeritus, I think@Nekki doesn't have to defend his artful trolling.

Besides, Nekki trolls like Michaelangelo paints ceilings.

@Ishaq said:

I'm going to need ro see some photo ID with your provider tag application...

Thanked by 3Nekki Ishaq ehab
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@theroyalstudent said:

@Nekki said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@Ishaq said:

I'm afraid that my use case would give you little useful information, and I certainly wouldn't be doing anything with that would attract the sort of attention that results in a need for 50Gbps mitigation.

• @Nekki said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@Nekki said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@Ishaq said:

I'm afraid that my use case would give you little useful information, and I certainly wouldn't be doing anything with that would attract the sort of attention that results in a need for 50Gbps mitigation.

Same here, just a DB server... but would be nice to have some sort of protection if anyone ever found out my server IP, though.

• TomTom Member

>

I've had one for about 9 days now.. It's been great so far :)

Thanked by 2Ishaq inthecloudblog
  • @Yoda said:

>

I've had one for about 9 days now.. It's been great so far :)

Nice. I saw @hawc put up his one for Syncthing relay... seems decent?

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited June 2016

Nekki said: Too much latency, thanks anyway.

PM'd you another ;)

EDIT - As we have had a number of PM's here is the offer ( @switsys & @mpkossen - sorry if I forgot anyone else).

Single Core,

128mb RAM,

256mb SWAP,

20gb RAID Storage,

250gb Bandwidth,

1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 Subnet

London, Varna, Pune or Singapore.

Order - £7.50/yr with "NEK10"

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Nekki Added some smaller KVM, the 256mb is a tad over your request, but it's in LA with DDoS mitigation, https://hostigation.com/?page=KVM

• @miTgiB said:
    @Nekki Added some smaller KVM, the 256mb is a tad over your request, but it's in LA with DDoS mitigation, https://hostigation.com/?page=KVM

Tim, fwiw the new plan names are at first difficult to comprehend.
    I saw 2G and somehow thought that it was either memory or disk space related.

Took me a bit to figure out what it meant.

I think something like KVM2 would be a better name.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@miTgiB said:

I'm ok for LA, any idea when you're getting Charlotte back in stock?

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

Nekki said: getting Charlotte back in stock?

Soon, have hardware installed, just need SSD's and 3.5" brackets, but if you want, I can get you on now on the 1g/2g node and move you once the SSD's arrive