Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is FRH down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is FRH down?

cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
edited March 2013 in General

No emails or respond from them from ticket.

Comments

• @manndude: frontrangehosting

• Their site is loading for me. How long have you been waiting?

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited March 2013

I'm a customer, and I got a couple e-mails about a power outage they had, apparently supposed to be resolved now.

• @manndude: according to pingdom, approximately 5h10m

• @cosmicgate said: @manndude: frontrangehosting

I was thinking of Fresh Roasted Hosting, which is a "premium" VPS provider resell from Burst.NET, LOL :)

• @dstrout: now that you've mentioned it. Their mails ended up in my spam mail. No wonder i never received their invoice as well.

• Yeah, a couple of their e-mails landed in my spam too. Fortunately I check my spam daily and found them, otherwise I would be thinking I was getting ripped off. I marked them not spam a couple of times until gmail got the idea.

• @zhuanyi: seriously? LOL

@Dstrout: Yeah, marking them as not spam as well. I hope they are up asap.

• From FRCorey

Right now we are working on restoring the VPS Control panel from a backup right before the outage hit, also Breck and Pike are also being worked on. Unfortunately there will be more downtime at 11pm Mountain Time as we will have to power down because the nature of the power outage requires the datacenter to offline all the power to isolate some power circuitry to investigate/repair it, right now everyone here is bypassed directly to commercial power.

Unfortunately it's turned out to be one of those acts of god.

One of my tech's has also just determinted the Pike and Breck both KVM nodes may have bad RAID cards were working with our vendor to overnight us some new cards asap, but were also trying to get ahold of LSI the card maker to see if there's something we have not tried.

I know that's not what some people want to hear and for that I apologize.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited March 2013

@cosmicgate said: @zhuanyi: seriously? LOL

Yes, they have been advertised a lot on WHT, although they never bothered to come to LET since they are a "premium" provider:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1114538

• I've received 3 emails from them so far today regarding this situation. Which is somewhat annoying, since I'm not on the effected nodes. Solus has a send-emails-to-people-on-these-nodes-only function....

• danodano Member

I have received a few notices of the maintenance that turned into an outage (AC power) - I think it's nice that they let everyone know what is going on, and that they are working to resolve it -- vs the "no one has heard anything- omg- deadpool comments" that can happen.

• edited March 2013

My server on node Boba is online.

EDIT: I noticed a downtime for a little more than 2 hours in the statics of SolusVM.

• Mine on kenobi has been down since about 6:22 PM Eastern. Won't come up from the panel either so I assume the node is still down.

• Dear Customer,

We have managed to get the VPS management console back online. As for Pike and Breck nodes we have determined the power outage has ruined the raid cards. We will have new cards overnighted to us while I see if there's anywhere local I can buy them from, but it's not looking good.

There is good news though. This is only accelerating our push towards Parallels Cloud Server that we hope to migrate our KVM users onto, it's just a matter of getting that hardware purchased and installed. Parallels cloud server elimnates the need for raid cards (3 copies of data will exist across the server pool so if one server dies, your VM restarts on an other node, replication is in real time).

Again I apologize and all users on Breck and Pike I will be giving credits to. We do have some capacity on other nodes, but we cant bring everyone back, if you're using KVM for a VPN connection we can easily reprovision you over on a OpenVZ node. I ask those who can wait to please wait, and those who need to get back online to open a ticket and we will see if we can reprovision you on other nodes.

Please remember Torrey will be taken offline in approx 2 hours so the datacenter can do their maintenance work.

Corey Touchet
    CEO Front Range Hosting.

• xNEOxNEO Member

As mentioned earlier we will have to do a shutdown of all servers before the datacenter goes offline to repair the problem with the power and put everyone back on UPS. We will be gracefully shutting down all servers in approx 30 minutes, if you're logged into your VPS please save your work and issue a shutdown -h now command to shut your VPS down, it will reboot on the restart automatically, but will help us get things shut down faster.

Again I apologize for the downtime, but I think we all would prefer they fix the problem and move forward. I appreciate everyone's patience in this matter and all the emails of support really help us get through this stressful situation.

Sincerely,

Corey Touchet
    CEO Front Range Hosting

• Last email from them:

http://www.facebook.com/frontrangehosting
    We will post updates as we get them during the downtime.

• @FRCorey once you'll finish resolving this.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

We will post updates as we get them during the downtime.

I for one find this amazingly inconsiderate, e.g. I don't have a Facebook account and don't want to register there, but this means I can't now even read the entire announcements, it requires me to login into facebook to do that!!

• @rm_ said: I for one find this amazingly inconsiderate, e.g. I don't have a Facebook account and don't want to register there, but this means I can't now even read the entire announcements, it requires me to login into facebook to do that!!

Right. A public Twitter feed would had been much better.

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited March 2013

@rm_ yeah I totally agree with that. But I've surrendered to this long time ago and registered a facebook account. Just because so many sites/services around are tied to it.

EDIT: btw no updates on their facebook so far, last post was made 7 hours ago.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@nstorm There's one from "2 hours ago" on the right that says "Were now entering the powerdown of the entire d...", can't read further what the damn thing says because as soon as I click it, the login window pops up.

• Oh, didn't noticed that because it wasn't posted from FRH account:
    Recent Posts by Others on Front Range Hosting

This discussion has been closed.