Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Relay deffered mails of a domain via onther postfix relay server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Relay deffered mails of a domain via onther postfix relay server

Hi,

I use postfix relay server to handle emails of my domains. Unfortunately my main relay server IP has got blacklisted in "proofpoint" blacklist and few mails are still in queue in "deferred" status.

I want to route these deferred mails through another relay server I have. I have followed the below procedure.

1. Added the main postfix relay server to relay through secondary. Allow mx1 to relay through mx2.
    2 Configured
    transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport_custom hash:/etc/postfix/transport

and added /etc/postfix/transport_custom
*@domain.com smtp:mx2.mailserver.com

3 postmap /etc/postfix/transport_custom

and then tried mail queue run meanwhile i could see the mails still trying to use first server for sending mails. I have also tried the option postsuper -r "mail id" as suggested in the discussion http://ask.metafilter.com/66942/How-...ail-in-Postfix meanwhile it didn't helped. Look forward to have an advise.