Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with crons on LEB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problems with crons on LEB

IxapeIxape Member
edited August 2011 in Help

Hello,

Can someone help please. I used the low end script to setup and configure my VPS. I've customised it slightly after by installing php5-gd, php5-mcrypt, php5-gd and by installing and setting up zend optimizer. But I can't get my crons to work.

http://www.cdnsrv.net/u/crons.png

Why don't they work? :'(

It's a problem with the command I think since the actual cron daemon is running and working.

Thanks.

Comments

• Log files should show why the cron jobs are failing. One reason I can think of off the top of my head would be that your php binary isn't at /usr/bin/php - it might be /usr/bin/php5-cgi or something like that.

• Hello,

In the 'cron' log I found this.

Aug 16 11:45:01 anglia /USR/SBIN/CRON[3300]: (www-data) CMD (/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/69mb.co.uk/clientexec/services.php 'fetchticket')

Is their anything wrong here?

Are there any other logs I should be looking at?

• Man php includes this

-q Quiet-mode. Suppress HTTP header output (CGI only).

You are not running as cgi

Try sudoing into www-data and run one of your commands from shell, see what error messages you get.