Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Telia Atlantic Issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Telia Atlantic Issues

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited June 2016 in General

Heads Up.

To anyone noticing issues connecting / PL between US and Europe. We are currently seeing issues with Telia (most notably between London and NY, although some other links look affected too). Its been going on for about a half hour.

This looks something like this in a MTR:

My traceroute  [v0.85]
***.monitor.x3b.org (0.0.0.0)                          Mon Jun 20 08:48:56 2016
Resolver: Received error response 2. (server failure)er of fields   quit
                                       Packets               Pings
 Host                                Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
 1. 104.236.128.***                   0.0%     8    0.3   0.4   0.2   1.4   0.0
 2. 198.199.99.241                    0.0%     8    0.2   0.5   0.2   2.3   0.7
 3. sjo-b21-link.telia.net            0.0%     8    2.2   2.2   2.0   2.6   0.0
 4. nyk-bb2-link.telia.net            0.0%     8   75.1  80.2  75.1 108.6  11.7
 5. ???
 6. ldn-b1-link.telia.net            83.3%     7  226.9 226.9 226.9 226.9   0.0

I hope this helps.

Comments

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2016

Yeah several of my vpses are going crazy and I can't connect to them. I'm using Verizon FIOS - getting a lot of down/up notices. Started about 30 minutes ago for me.

• PandyPandy Member

Yep, noticed that something was up as i couldnt load reddit and some avatars didnt load here either. (no idea if thats the cause but im blaming it)

Thanks for the heads up

• sinsin Member

Pandy said: Yep, noticed that something was up as i couldnt load reddit

Yeah I can't load the login pages/or ssh for my Leaseweb NL, MikroVPS, and more :( had to turn off my NewRelic and UptimeDoctor monitoring too because they keep sending up/down notifications.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

FYI, if anything urgent comes up you can route around it by VPNing through a VPS / provider who doesn't have Telia located in Europe. This of course presumes Telia isn't used as an intermediary.

• sinsin Member

SplitIce said: FYI, if anything urgent comes up

Thanks for your post, I was going nuts trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to my services this morning :)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

The storm is calming. Or so it seems.

Either that or my testing locations have started to route around it. I am now getting alot more NTT on DigitalOcean and Level3 with Voxility. The Telia routes I am seeing are ash->lon. NY might have been bypassed.

6. sjo-b21-link.telia.net                                                                                                                                                                                         0.0%     7    2.4   2.6   2.3   3.7   0.0
     7. ash-bb3-link.telia.net                                                                                                                                                                                         0.0%     7   72.6  72.7  72.5  73.2   0.0
     8. ldn-bb3-link.telia.net                                                                                                                                                                                         0.0%     7  145.7 146.8 145.6 151.6   2.2

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2016

SplitIce said: The storm is calming. Or so it seems.

Yeah I was finally able to get into my services, also one of my providers (Leaseweb) just sent out this email:

Dear LeaseWeb Customer,

You might have experienced high latency and packet loss to some destinations for transatlantic traffic due to issues inside the network of one of our providers. Only traffic passing via the transatlantic links of the affected provider was impacted. Issue was experienced between 14:15 and 15:00.

We are currently investigating with our provider the cause of this issue. We will update you once we have more information.

• lbftlbft Member

Seems to be a recurring issue lately.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

For me only IPv4 was affected. Over IPv6, connecting to my VPS worked perfectly with zero packet loss, because the v6 route happened to not use Telia. One more reason to set up IPv6, if you still need any.

Thanked by 1sin