Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for storage plan, 200gb minimum - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for storage plan, 200gb minimum

2»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@curtisg You find that I'm incorrect because there were good reviews in an old thread that probably no longer exists? You're clutching at straws there fella.

Let me explain myself one final time so we can draw a line under this, because we're rapidly heading into drama territory. I'm on these forums an awful lot, and although I don't post an awful lot I read nearly everything, and what I haven't seen is anyone recommending or championing your services on this forum. I did just have a quick search on google and to be fair I found one positive comment for your paid services, but that really doesn't do much when you're competing with providers I have personally had excellent service (like Cloudshards) or almost universally recommended ones (like IperWeb).

If you are prepared to take a little bit of constructive critiscm onboard, I would say that your approach to this thread has been a bit of a turn-off to me as a potential client; you're almost coming across as sulky. You'd have been better served grabbing a few links for me to show me where you've had decent feedback, than the discussion we've ended up having.

@bobby I don't disagree that the IperWeb offers you've highlighted are worth every penny, I'll certainly be mentioning them.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Damian No decision yet, I'll be talking these over with my buddy tomorrow (as its late evening now in the UK) and he'll make a choice then, so the offer is appreciated. IPXCore are another example of a provider I'd have no hesitation recommending even though I'm not a client, due to your sterling feedback.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2013

@Nekki all these great people and providers knocked me out of this race :(. One day.....

-Cries under blanket -

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NHNahian I have noted your offer and will be passing it on as NinjaHawk seem like a decent provider (although my inner OCD struggles with your basic plan being called 'Student' - surely Genin, Chunin, Jounin, Kage is more Ninja?)' but you are up against some of the (in my humble opinion) 'Big Guns' on this occasion.

• @Nekki I will fight till I die. Pew pew pew.

I couldn't find any ninja or naruto reference for student besides the word "Student". Even checked narutopedia. Any how, we are doing some redesigning of our main site and have some exciting plans and features that we will reveal soon. But if you find any ninja equivalent of student, feel free to pm me.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

@Nekki
    Additionally our servers have 2Gbit, and the DC just got another 10G NTT uplink a couple days ago, with 10G Level 3 also planned for April 1st.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I very much appreciate all the offers guys; I'm turning in for the evening shortly, but if any other providers have offers, please feel free to post them as I'll not be discussing them with my buddy until tomorrow morning in the UK. He'll certainly be buying something, and I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up at least one new plan myself :-)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Nekki said: I don't think so; I've seen providers offer this spec for $20 yearly before,

no way, 200gb for 20 yearly? is it deadpool?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@netomx 24khost from memory, very limited offer though.

• @netomx said: no way, 200gb for 20 yearly? is it deadpool?

It would be vastly oversold. Do the maths on it. Assuming you buy large Enterprise HDD, even at RAID5 + raid controller etc, it doesn't work out.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited March 2013
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@netomx Ah, sorry, I got it confused with the $15 semi annual plan.

• I got enough spots for 1 * 6 month deal and 1 x 12 month deal! nekki and netomx you guys want them submit tickets and then submit me a pm with your ticket number. Just to make sure it is you guys!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Thanks @24khost , will mention these to my buddy this morning.

Cheeky I know, but I'm already on a monthly plan with the same spec as the 100GB/12 month deal. Can I ticket and get that switched to yearly billing for the same discount?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki I can do that out of the Netherlands for €5.00 p/month on Xen, I have a node with larger drives in an 800GB going free so you know your getting your HDD pre allocated. unlike some of this none sense 1TB for $10 which is probably 30 month ROI on disks alone insanity which just insults everyone's intelligence.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@curtisg said: I could do that for $7 but I'd give you 500gb storage

Just curious... why would you offer 500GB for $7, if the request was 200GB for $5? Wouldn't it make more sense to offer 200GB at a lower rate?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@joepie91 because hurrrrr

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AnthonySmith Thanks for the offer, I will pass it along although I suspect it may be a little on the high side for him with so many $5 offers on the table.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Just a quick post to say thanks for everyone who put forward an offer, my buddy has made his choice and purchased his first VPS! If he's anything like me he'll be back for more shortly.....