Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you use for monitoring (self-managed, not a service)? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you use for monitoring (self-managed, not a service)?

2»

Comments

• NightNight Member

@jcaleb said: which is easier to setup?

No experience with Zabbix, but Openstatus took me a very short amount of time to install.. Most of my time was spent on converting the theme to bootstrap, but that's just aesthetics.

• @Night said: No experience with Zabbix, but Openstatus took me a very short amount of time to install.. Most of my time was spent on converting the theme to bootstrap, but that's just aesthetics.

Thanks. Is it light on disk/io and cpu?

• @quin5 @raindog308

Thanks for bringing us up. We're always improving our service and if there is anything you think we're lacking do let us know and I'm sure we can help build it into the system!

• @jcaleb said: which is easier to setup?

Zabbix is very easy to install however setting up all the triggers and monitors you want is time consuming. Worth it though as once you've got it set up the way you like, it never has any issues.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@chriscm Agreed.

• Hmm - not sure if I'm allowed to do this or not - but if anyone does sign up to StatusCake and decides to take a paid plan then BUBASU-LOW-END will give you 30% off :).

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2013

StatusCake yearly is 2 months free so with 30% that's ($5 * 10)* - 30 % = $2.91/month.

• SCDanielSCDaniel Member
    edited March 2013

I'm glad your better at math than me! I'll be honest a few months back we had a few issues (check rates) but I'm quite proud of the service we offer. Anyhow I'm going to leave this topic now - it's all to easy for me to spam when talking about website uptime monitoring!

eck, quick edit: for the vast majority of people on a low end box our free plan would do everything you'd want so before you buy see if you really do need a paid plan yet!

• StatusCake is great, been with them since a few days after they launched I believe. Everything is so slick and they guys on Live Chat are there nearly all the time which is re-assuring.

@SCDaniel keep up the good work!

• Hey jkr1771 - if you want to PM me your username I'll see if there is anything we can offer you for being a loyal user :)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@SCDaniel do you have a list of the locations you use for the probe?

I just registered and will try the service :-)

• Hey Prometeus - http://kb.statuscake.com/what-test-locations-do-you-have/

Everyone else if you have any questions feel free to just drop me a PM - I fear we're going to keep bumping this topic otherwise and then I'll face the wrath of LowEndTalk moderators! :P

• nikcnikc Member

I signed up for statuscake too, love it !

• SCDanielSCDaniel Member
    edited March 2013

Well Nikc then I love you..

wait- was that too creepy?

• nikcnikc Member

hmm kinda ;)

• LAKidLAKid Member

@SCDaniel I have been using Statuscake in and out or on and off, great service and accurate.

• ssh root@server -p 2201 cat /proc/loadavg

• @LAKid said: @SCDaniel I have been using Statuscake in and out or on and off, great service and accurate.

Cheers LA. StatusCake is a product of love and attention and it is truly my hope that people see the end result as being something fantastic.

• StatusCake looks really interesting, I might just go ahead and give it a shot!

• AndreAndre Member
    edited March 2013

Also will vouch for StatusCake here.. been a user since mid-2012, but stuck with the free plan – still a great service.

Recently received an email from them allowing 70% off paid plans for being one of the first 1000 users, been very tempting (:

Keep up the good work @SCDaniel!