Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cron Job to Delete the files in folder after 30 minutes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cron Job to Delete the files in folder after 30 minutes

picypicy Member
edited March 2013 in General

I need the code of the cron job which will delete the files in the folder which was created 30 minutes before.

Comments

• run it every 30 minutes, then just make it execute a script that tells it what files/folders and where they are?

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited March 2013

Your best bet is to find a script (I'm sure their are many) on google that deletes files based on their time (in your case 30min), then just schedule it every 1 minute in the crontab.

• picypicy Member

Am using this

/40 * * * * rm -rf /var/www/vhosts/mp3/

but the above deletes every 30 minutes. But i need the code which delete after the file get 30 minutes old

• find /path/to/folder -mtime -30m -exec rm -i '{}' \;

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited March 2013

30 * * * * rm -rf /var/www/vhosts/mp3/ ?

• MunMun Member

0,30 * * * * rm -rf /var/www/vhosts/mp3/* will delete @ the top and bottom of the hour for every hour.

• picypicy Member

I have setuped a delet.php file. I need that to be executed every 15 minutes how?

@George_Fusioned @Mun

• 15 * * * * php /path/to/ur/file

• picypicy Member

@Cirium said: 15 * * * * php /path/to/ur/file

Not working :(

• MunMun Member
    edited March 2013

0,15,30,45 * * * * php /path/to/ur/url

edit: or */15 * * * * php /path/to/ur/url

:)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@George_Fusioned nailed it - you have to use find. But I think you want rm -f, not rm-i

• MunMun Member

Dats snappy mate.

• @raindog308 said: @George_Fusioned nailed it - you have to use find. But I think you want rm -f, not rm-i

Ah, I was first writing my reply saying he should use -i to test it out first.
    Then I was sure it's correct, so I edited my post, but forgot to change the -i :D

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited March 2013

@George_Fusioned said: find /path/to/folder -mtime -30m -exec rm -i '{}' \;

It makes me happy to see some true bash programming :-) Not the way too easy overused PHP