Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Automysqlbackup error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Automysqlbackup error

drdrakedrdrake Member

Hello,

I am trying to setup automysqlback to backup all my sql databases everyday and keep last 10 days of backups.

Here is my config: http://pastebin.com/n4BhvNLr

When i run "sudo automysqlbackup"

I get:

Invoking backup method.

Parsed config file "/etc/automysqlbackup/automysqlbackup.conf"

Checking for permissions to write to folders:

base folder /mnt ... exists ... ok.

backup folder /mnt/backup/ ... exists ... writable? yes. Proceeding.

and nothing happens. Folders are created at /mnt/backup but there are no databases.

Can someone help me fix this? Thank you!

Comments

• tommytommy Member

run on debug mode?

• @tommy said:
    run on debug mode?

how?

• FalzoFalzo Member

are you getting back to the prompt or does it simply wont give any more output?

if the latter is the case maybe it is working but takes time to dump archive and put up to you storagebox - depending on how big your databases are and how fast you connection will be...

• drdrakedrdrake Member
    edited June 2016

@Falzo said:
    are you getting back to the prompt or does it simply wont give any more output?

if the latter is the case maybe it is working but takes time to dump archive and put up to you storagebox - depending on how big your databases are and how fast you connection will be...

It gets back to the prompt. Database is less than 4 MB.

edit: the same happens when backing up to home directory

• FalzoFalzo Member

I suggest trying to tar some testfiles directly to your backup dir as I got a feeling that may not work because of it being an davfs mount ;-)

this could cause automysqlbackup to break - sadly without noticing maybe...

Thanked by 1drdrake
  • @Falzo said:
    I suggest trying to tar some testfiles directly to your backup dir as I got a feeling that may not work because of it being an davfs mount ;-)

this could cause automysqlbackup to break - sadly without noticing maybe...

The same happens when backing up to home dir

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Arjon said:

grmpf. ;-)

running out of options... afair there is no verbose or debug mode or anything like that. you could try to activate the dryrun option in that config to see if there are more messages to be seen (doubt it).
    I guess you already checked mysql and mysqldump for working / being in the correct path? probably download automysqlbackup again, maybe go with an older version...

• @Falzo said:

@Arjon said:

grmpf. ;-)

running out of options... afair there is no verbose or debug mode or anything like that. you could try to activate the dryrun option in that config to see if there are more messages to be seen (doubt it).
    I guess you already checked mysql and mysqldump for working / being in the correct path? probably download automysqlbackup again, maybe go with an older version...

I am using 2.5 from ubuntu repo and its working fine. You have been very helpful today! Thanks! :D