Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nginx, php-cgi, mysql won't autostart :O
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

nginx, php-cgi, mysql won't autostart :O

gianggiang Veteran
edited December 2011 in General

Sorry for this dumb question, but I don't know how to get it to autostart with the OS, everytime I restart the OS, I have to run

/etc/init.d/mysql start
/etc/init.d/nginx start
/etc/init.d/php-cgi start

Please help me make these programs to start properly :( I'm on Xen HVM VPS and Ubuntu Precise :O

Comments

• apt-get install rcconf

Run rcconf, and select which services you want to run on startup :P

Thanked by 1yomero
  • gianggiang Veteran
    edited December 2011

@Aldryic said: Run rcconf, and select which services you want to run on startup :P

It's weird because nginx, php-cgi is already chosen :O I've chose mysql, reboot and nothing happen. These programs are still not autostarting...

Ops, it seems everything is working fine. I bet I have to wait a bit more...

• @Aldryic said: Run rcconf, and select which services you want to run on startup :P

Thanks, new tool for me :D

• What do you expect from an OS that's in alpha testing? File a bug report on Launchpad.

• @NickM said: What do you expect from an OS that's in alpha testing? File a bug report on Launchpad.

I don't think the problem is from the OS ;) It seems the OS on XEN KVM is starting the services longer than OpenVZ platform :-?

• It may be due to Dependency Based Boot Sequencing, which allows for faster system boot times?

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

add it to startup ?

on CentOS I do,

chkconfig httpd on 

etc

• fanfan Veteran

Maybe you can try update-rc.d servicename defaults.