Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backing up via Windows on Hubic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Backing up via Windows on Hubic

I'd like to backup some stuff (about 60gigs) from my wifes USB stick on a Hubic account.
So, the stick isn't connected to the PC the whole time and I'd like to upload the whole data every once in a while, maybe every 2-3 months.

I could use the software provided by Hubic, but it doesn't encrypt the data - that's a no-go for me.

Have been trying to connect to Hubic via Duplicati 2, but it always gives me errors that he's looking for something on the page that couldn't be found. Maybe the Hubic module is broken at the moment, I dunno.

Are there any other programs for Windows that work with Hubic and encrypt my data?
By googling I found MultiCloudBackup. They say they offer Hubic support, but the website is somewhat minimalistic, I can't find who's behing MCB and it's not open-source. To put it to a point, I don't trust it :)

Any other recommended programs where I can manually start the backup?
Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Use software to copy the USB to a local folder when it's connected, then compress and encryption can be done. Hubic will be set to watch that folder and.. profit?

Thanked by 1german_psycho
  • Sometimes you are too blind to see the easiest option ;)

Thanks.. Think this will be the easiest way.