Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel Atom C2350 1.70GHz good for seedbox?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel Atom C2350 1.70GHz good for seedbox?

Hello guys, as the title indicates that server
"Intel Atom C2350 1.70GHz 1x 1000GB 4GB Unltd @ 2.5Gbps" is good for a seedbox (just download files)?

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

sure why not, provided what will be the traffic...

• @agentmishra said:
    sure why not, provided what will be the traffic...

I'm sorry what do you mean?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i mean to say, what will you be allowing to download...

how much downloads (traffic) do you expect to achieve...

but i feel, your server is good enough to start...

• dailydaily Member

Yeah no that server is fine. You're less worrying about the CPU in this case and more the HDD space, network speed, and bandwidth. Have fun.

• @daily said:
    Yeah no that server is fine. You're less worrying about the CPU in this case and more the HDD space, network speed, and bandwidth. Have fun.

It's okay for you soo (upload and download)?

• Is it one of the online.net Amsterdam specials? Yes, they work very good and you can burst about 2.1gbit on download from my tests.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Is it one of the online.net Amsterdam specials? Yes, they work very good and you can burst about 2.1gbit on download from my tests.

Not, it's a french server. What's your server?

• @mtsbatalha said:

@linuxthefish said:
    Is it one of the online.net Amsterdam specials? Yes, they work very good and you can burst about 2.1gbit on download from my tests.

Sounds exactly like online.net's specs, is your provider reselling them?

https://console.online.net/en/order/server/2

• @linuxthefish said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@linuxthefish said:

Sounds exactly like online.net's specs, is your provider reselling them?

https://console.online.net/en/order/server/2

Yeah, it's online.net but I refer to server located on Paris not Netherlands. So your bandwidth performance is very good on that server?

• mtsbatalha said: Yeah, it's online.net but I refer to server located on Paris not Netherlands. So your bandwidth performance is very good on that server?

I've got both France and Amsterdam with online.net. The network is good enough for torrenting, and with the number of seedboxes on OVH in France you won't have any problems downloading or seeding!

If you are outside the EU, or somewhere with congested peering to online.net then you might have the occasional issue with things slowing down but for the price it's fine.

• sinsin Member

I just picked up a Online.net Dedibox SSD SC 2016 in their AMS1 location yesterday and the C2350 is excellent so far. I'm really surprised at the performance (it feels very snappy) and the network speeds are great. The setup fee sucks of course but 8.99euro/month for this is a great price to me :).