Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Kidechire end of life - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Kidechire end of life

Comments

• NomadNomad Member

Same message is displayed to SC-Gen2 server as well. Not canceling it though. I'll let it die with honour as a nfs server.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@Nomad
    I have few sc-gen2 on DC3 . i dont find such message.
    Sever was over 1 year with me

• NomadNomad Member
    edited June 2016

@vpsGOD said:
    @Nomad
    I have few sc-gen2 on DC3 . i dont find such message.
    Sever was over 1 year with me

ATM, I can't see it no more either...
    I saw it just before leaving for work.

When you login, there was this small message at "Server List" page and the one at the first post here when you clicked on your server. Now? Gone...

I don't have Kidechires but do have SC-Gen2 on DC3 as well.
    Maybe they decided not to kill them? :P

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

I haven't seen this message in panel, neither on "Server List" nor on "Status"

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Fusl said: I'd happily rent them from you

PMed, if anyone else wants one, let me know.

• squibssquibs Member

I've got 5 - 4 of which are... underemployed. I should probably drop them to contribute to the spares pool.

Interestingly I'm not seeing that message in my control panel either.

• FuslFusl Member

@hotsnow said:
    I haven't seen this message in panel, neither on "Server List" nor on "Status"

Yea, they seem to have removed that message again from both the server list and the individual server status page. It did show me that message before though.

• FuslFusl Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    @fusl i got a few free you are welcome to.

Please pm me an offer for as many servers as possible :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2016

***, I forgot the root pass... Not the regular user, though...

top - 10:33:45 up 348 days, 23:39, 2 users, load average: 0.96, 1.06, 1.13
    Tasks: 96 total, 2 running, 94 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    %Cpu(s): 64.4 us, 15.3 sy, 0.0 ni, 16.9 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 3.4 si, 0.0 st
    KiB Mem: 2041360 total, 1854224 used, 187136 free, 162476 buffers
    KiB Swap: 999420 total, 4732 used, 994688 free, 540152 cached

• XenosXenos Member

It has been a very reliable little box.

top - 14:41:36 up 601 days, 13:45, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.04, 0.05
    Tasks: 86 total, 1 running, 85 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    Cpu(s): 0.3%us, 0.7%sy, 0.0%ni, 97.0%id, 2.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
    Mem: 2018204k total, 1944524k used, 73680k free, 5816k buffers
    Swap: 999420k total, 139696k used, 859724k free, 1267496k cached

• The message is also gone for me, I wonder how many people opened a ticket about it.

• @Damian said:

Xenos said: They are losing money on these servers

I've had one of these since they were first released a couple of years ago and have done absolutely nothing at all with it. It's like a free 48 EUR for them; I would imagine there's quite a few other people doing the same thing with it.

Presumably that depends on if it was turned off or just idling, if it was ON even idling I doubt they'd make much if anything off of it just for the power costs alone.

• Just migrated to another dedi so I'm worry free. Hate it when things break and my provider can't fix things. Anyway, I have 3 available. In case anyone is interested drop me a pm to discuss outsourcing before the 20th or I'll cancel them.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Last official release of Kidechire offer was on Black Friday 2014: November 28 2014 (19 months ago).

Back then, people were very greedy and bought them mindlessly for the small price with no setup fee. Many clients did not use them at all, but kept paying for these every month; many tried to rent them or even outsource these; and after a while many servers were canceled.

Meanwhile, OneProvider (Online.Net partner) kept taking canceled servers, and offer them on their website for 7eur. This offer is still on their website.

Nowdays, some people cry for this offer because they did not get it in 2014 (including me), some cry because they canceled, some cry because they had nothing to use the servers on, some cry for this message with no spare parts, while some found a purpose for these.

Human mind is very greedy and interesting, and all just for 2eur every month of unused dedicated space and power.

If you cancel that unused dedicated power, OneProvider will sell it for 7eur every month.

So again the greedy question: keep it unused, or cancel it for others to use? Remember: it's just 2eur.

• XenosXenos Member

@default said:
    Last official release of Kidechire offer was on Black Friday 2014: November 28 2014 (19 months ago).

Back then, people were very greedy and bought them mindlessly for the small price with no setup fee.

I'm sure they would do the same thing today.

• TomTom Member

If anyone has any more spare would love to rent one!

• lbftlbft Member
    edited June 2016

default said: Meanwhile, OneProvider (Online.Net partner) kept taking canceled servers, and offer them on their website for 7eur. This offer is still on their website.

Online.net themselves were selling this exact hardware, with a setup fee, right up until the day they launched the new gear a couple of months ago (it wasn't just the Kidechires). I'm sure the people who bought one then were super happy to see the message telling them to go fuck themselves if it breaks.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • default said: 2eur

24/y 48/2y that money pays you a 5eur/month dedi for quite some time when needed (or a 3eur arm box). Keeping a dedicated unused is just wasting money & resources (power, gear..) imo, better cancel it.

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2016

default said: Last official release of Kidechire offer was on Black Friday 2014: November 28 2014 (19 months ago).

I bought my Kidechire 9 months ago when Online.net released more.

• There is no plans actually for stopping this offer, don't worry :-)
    We only warn our clients about possible troubles with spare parts and repairs for some series of theses servers (more than 6 years old servers)
    If you have our warning on customer panel, you are concerned, but is doesn't mean we will cancel your server. It's not all SC/kidechire servers, it's depend of product date and hdd type, we can do magic things with customer support, but with 6yr old servers it's a big challenge, we prefer to be honest with our clients. :-)

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited June 2016

I wonder if there is any progress on that SATA2 BIOS bug on SC/XC 2016 ? ;)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Spacedust said:
    I wonder if there is any progress on that SATA2 BIOS bug on SC/XC 2016 ? ;)

Well if I enable swap in the install, I get 90GB of swap.
    Ticket out months ago, not fixed. What do you expect?

• @abermingham said:

But why use sata2 on 2016, that old technology for SC and XC 2016

• While XC 2015 was super fast with their SATA3 and SSD's. That's why I'm changing it with the next limited edition.

• hawkjohn7hawkjohn7 Member
    edited June 2016

@Spacedust said:

Limited edition didn't give guaranted bandwidth. That happen on my last dedibox limited editon 08161, just got 2.4 mbps for international link

• @hawkjohn7 said:

are you sure it's a problem with the guaranteed bandwidth?

• @Geekoine said:

@hawkjohn7 said:

are you sure it's a problem with the guaranteed bandwidth?

Yes, it's big problem.

Example if you have lamborghini without gasoline, it's wont run fast.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • i guess it's those 160gb hdds on the Kidechires.

• vimalware said: i guess it's those 160gb hdds on the Kidechires.

Exchange for 500GB ones and problem solved. I mean they could do it. And keep mobo of canceled servers to exchange if one server still in contract breaks.

But they don't give a fuck, this offer has been done to make then known around the interwebz, better make some buzz than spend $$$ in ads. It did work well, see how much they are spoken about / recommended around here, while nobody spoke about them few years ago?!

Now they are known well enough they'd like to slowly get rid of those cheap boxes that don't make much money, if at all...

• @hawkjohn7 said:

I usually have more than 500 Mbit/s on my dedibox limited edition: from online.net DC to most of EU countries. Of course, I don't expect to have 500 Mbit/s from Paris to Sidney.