Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

easy way to get a server behind GFW?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

easy way to get a server behind GFW?

Any reliable ways to get a server/vps behind GFW? (for testing whether an ip is blocked or not)

Comments

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited June 2016

If you are asking for a server inside GFW, get a Chinese VPS.

Otherwise, get a random non-Chinese VPS.

• Ping.pe has servers in China (aliyun), that might work to some extent.

• @msg7086 said:
    If you are asking for a server inside GFW, get a Chinese VPS.

Otherwise, get a random non-Chinese VPS.

Wow. I didn't realize I needed to get something in China!!!

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Ping.pe has servers in China (aliyun), that might work to some extent.

Just tested it and pings are fine according to ping.pe although client mtrs show that gfw blocks the ip.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

China Telecom (AS4134) started having routing issues to the US approximately three hours ago. Wait a while, perhaps :)

Alexander

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited June 2016

@AlexanderM said:
    China Telecom (AS4134) started having routing issues to the US approximately three hours ago. Wait a while, perhaps :)

Alexander

Unrelated...

Edit: While unrelated to the issue at hand, it is useful information and I do want to thank you for that.

• @Jonchun said:
    Wow. I didn't realize I needed to get something in China!!!

Alternatively, you can get one from north Korea, if there's any. They make use of China Unicom and may also go through the wall.

Thanked by 1Laxenade
  • egoooegooo Member
    edited June 2016

@Jonchun said:

@AlexanderM said:

Alexander

Unrelated...

Edit: While unrelated to the issue at hand, it is useful information and I do want to thank you for that.

Yes, all routes that pass AS4134 are down. Even Chinese citizens cannot get access to some US servers. This is not trash:)

• egoooegooo Member
    edited June 2016

The problem is resolved and you can test it with ping.chinaz.com now.

• awvnxawvnx Member
    edited June 2016

Can't you use China Telecom or China Unicom's looking glass to check ping or traceroute? Or are those in front of GFW?

• msg7086 said: Alternatively, you can get one from north Korea, if there's any. They make use of China Unicom and may also go through the wall.

It goes through it, it is however not censored (as reported by journalists and foreigners using this link over 3G and in schools/universities).

Thanked by 1msg7086