Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X9SCL-F-O issue - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

X9SCL-F-O issue

2»

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@George_Fusioned said: Here's what I do on my X9SCL+-F boards.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that driver very outdated?

• @Hassan said: Wow all this effort and it turned out to be a god damn cable!

I'm surprised myself, since the same batch has no problem bursting to 1Gbit on eth1, it's only picky on eth0.

• @Nick_A said: Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that driver very outdated?

Yes it is, but I don't see why this is a problem. I'm running this version on that board and it works without any issues - so why should I suggest something else?

@miTgiB argued about the same thing too... I guess you all upgrade your nic drivers on every e1000e release, right? :P

• @George_Fusioned said: I guess you all upgrade your nic drivers on every e1000e release, right? :P

Until a stable one can be found, yes, and I have yet to see one that is 100% stable. You may have found one that works for your solution, and I have as well on most of my E3 boards, but not on all of them.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@George_Fusioned said: I guess you all upgrade your nic drivers on every e1000e release, right? :P

I haven't had any issues with 2.1.4 or 2.2.3 (I think that's the right version).