Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fund your account Vultr will match dollar for dollar up to $100 of your Initial Funding
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fund your account Vultr will match dollar for dollar up to $100 of your Initial Funding

manlivomanlivo Member
edited June 2016 in Providers

Hello LET members! New twitter from Vultr:

How does it work?

Simply create an account at Vultr. When you fund your account Vultr will match dollar for dollar up to $100 of your Initial Funding. For only new account. Any unused promotional credit will expire 12 months after issuance.

Promotion page:

https://www.vultr.com/match/?ref=6812331 (My ref link)

https://www.vultr.com/match/ (Normal Link)

This promotion is available for a limited time, so act fast before its too late!

Thanked by 1mik997

Comments

• Man I wish this was for existing customers. I did $100 a couple of years ago when they did this same promotion and I've nearly used it all. I love my $2.50 VPS from them in Chicago!

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

Thats a pretty good promo. Best of luck with it

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Alas, they don't match bit for bit when they lose your RAID-0 data.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

raindog308 said: Alas, they don't match bit for bit when they lose your RAID-0 data.

BURN!

Thanked by 3raindog308 cassa ATHK

Just asked on Twitter if this can be combined: https://www.vultr.com/freetrial/

But now that I think about it...do I really need one...and has that ever stopped me before...

• manlivo said: Any unused promotional credit will expire 12 months after issuance.

Interesting move, last time there wasn't this 12 month limit...

raindog308 said: do I really need one...and has that ever stopped me before...

Well, that might be the time to move on and let that stop you. (If you have a hard time figuring out what to do with your money, and if that's what's at the root of your LET addiction, you can give as much as needed to some poor guy/gal in the streets - and the money will probably end up being more useful that another idling VPS.)

• xaitmixaitmi Member

I'd be all over this if it was for existing customers...I have a ton of vultr boxes.

info_hash said: If you have a hard time figuring out what to do with your money, and if that's what's at the root of your LET addiction, you can give as much as needed to some poor guy/gal in the streets - and the money will probably end up being more useful that another idling VPS.

YOU FILTHY HERETIC!

Thanked by 2info_hash Abdussamad
  • kaflokaflo Member

@info_hash said:
    some poor guy/gal in the streets

you called?

Thanked by 2Vita info_hash
  • If someone from Vultr is listening here, I have close to $100 in unused credit from the 'double credits' promo of Vultr's launch in 2014 .

Are they in any trouble (auto - expiration?)?

• @vimalware said:
    If someone from Vultr is listening here, I have close to $100 in unused credit from the 'double credits' promo of Vultr's launch in 2014 .

Are they in any trouble (auto - expiration?)?

When I asked them if my credits expire one day, they said no. I don't have as much credits as you however.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • raindog308 said: Alas, they don't match bit for bit when they lose your RAID-0 data.

That's harsh. rekt

• tommytommy Member

They learn from DO mistake

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2016

They do not learn from DO, they copy from DO, like they did from the very beginning.

• Using VULTR from 2014 and still loving them :)

• They're using promo credit alongside normal credit, so if you'd want to host their cheapest 5usd/month box, the max you can gain is 6 months free by adding 30 usd to the account.

• Which credit will they use first?

• sinsin Member

teppeikun said: Using VULTR from 2014 and still loving them :)

Same, my VULTR box has been stable as hell for so long

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

@sin said:

teppeikun said: Using VULTR from 2014 and still loving them :)

Same, my VULTR box has been stable as hell for so long

I have services with them in every location except locations which overlap with DO. I'll second this for ~75% of locations. A few locations are a bit meh though (particularly L.A and Chicago that I have noticed).

The first round of $200 for $100 was used up by me in < 1 month :( Oh well, it was a nice discount :P