Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need nat box with ip not banned by China GFW.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need nat box with ip not banned by China GFW.

hi huys,

I already have a few low end boxes from this amazing site. now I'd like to try some nat boxes. As you may know Chinese government will ban certain ip when they believe the ip are providing certain "illegal" services, for example, "unregistered" vpn. Thus most nat boxes shared IPs may have been blocked. However my ISP doesn't have ipv6 so i have to reach nat box by ipv4.

AFAIK, most lowendspirit IPs in Japan are banned (known from their forum complain thread), and they don't allow to change ip (don't know if they are going to change with a small fee)

Could you please recommend me some nat providers who may have ips are not blocked by GFW in Asia such as Singapore, HongKong, Japan?

Or any provider allow ip change?

I hear i-83.net is quite good. Do you know if they allow ip switch in case of GFW blocked?

Boxes are mainly used to test and play with so there aren't much requirements about ram, cpu, disk space. Ofc, bigger disk maybe helpful as I can use it for FTP backup.

Thank you !

Comments

• thatixthatix Member

LES Singapore location are going to close down. I think the ISP for i-83's SG location is Viewqwest AS18106, which unfortunately don't have a China direct path and the routing is via US west.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • colingptcolingpt Member
    edited June 2016

@thatix said:
    LES Singapore location are going to close down. I think the ISP for i-83's SG location is Viewqwest AS18106, which unfortunately don't have a China direct path and the routing is via US west.

Thanks for the info.

Looks like most provider don't have direct link due to high price

• awvnxawvnx Member
    edited June 2016

What's your budget and do you need a NAT box? I can recommend BuyVM or Crowncloud (Quadranet) for good connectivity to mainland China. They're fairly cheap with semi-annual billing.

Thanked by 2SpeedBus colingpt
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2016

colingpt said: AFAIK, most lowendspirit IPs in Japan are banned (known from their forum complain thread), and they don't allow to change ip (don't know if they are going to change with a small fee)

Could you please recommend me some nat providers who may have ips are not blocked by GFW in Asia such as Singapore, HongKong, Japan?

In case of a NAT-only VPS, the node itself runs on one IP that is shared between perhaps a hundred of customers. That's how the cost savings which allow it to be so cheap are achieved. So, how do you imagine such "ip change" to happen? Just because you need a new IP, the other hundred people will receive notification that their shared IPv4 is now suddenly changed?

Secondly, even if you find such a provider with the IP not blacklisted yet, as soon as you and few more people from China will start using it, it's most likely going to be blacklisted anyway. Therefore looking for a "not (yet) blacklisted NAT provider" seems to be just a waste of time.

• LunaLuna Member

@rm_ said:

colingpt said: AFAIK, most lowendspirit IPs in Japan are banned (known from their forum complain thread), and they don't allow to change ip (don't know if they are going to change with a small fee)

In case of a NAT-only VPS, the node itself runs on one IP that is shared between perhaps a hundred of customers. That's how the cost savings which allow it to be so cheap are achieved. So, how do you imagine such "ip change" to happen? Just because you need a new IP, the other hundred people will receive notification that their shared IPv4 is now suddenly changed?

Secondly, even if you find such a provider with the IP not blacklisted yet, as soon as you and few more people from China will start using it, it's most likely going to be blacklisted anyway. Therefore looking for a "not (yet) blacklisted NAT provider" seems to be just a waste of time.

You are right.
    But @colingpt You can try it:
    https://www.clients.gestiondbi.com/index.php?/cart/lowendspirit-nat-vps/
    OMH-HKG
    Important notices:
    IP can be throttle by the Great Firewall of China

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • lootloot Member

Have you thought about Canada? They don't officially offer it but I've spoken to the guys at unmetered.io and they're on someone's pipe that pings 140-180ms to China out in BC. But yeah if it gains any traction you'll burn it, they call them ladders not tunnels for a reason.

Thanked by 1colingpt