Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for backup storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for backup storage

drdrakedrdrake Member

Hello,

I am looking for backup storage. I don't care about the price but i do care about the quality of the server/storage box. I found about hetzner storage boxes and they seem pretty cheap but i don't like the connection limits.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• How much data you need to backup? I might have a good deal for you.

• rokokrokok Member

Arjon said: I don't care about the price but i do care about the quality of the server/storage box.

Arjon said: I found about hetzner storage boxes and they seem pretty cheap

Amazon S3 might be your answer if you don't care price

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

We have high storage servers that are great for backup purposes in Incero's Seattle location:

https://subnetlabs.com/billing/cart.php?gid=11

You can use code: storagelaunch for 41.67% off the prices listed there. There is also an existing promotion if you pay annually for any plan storage250 and above, we will double your disk space if you ticket us after ordering.

Disk is SSD cached and nodes are connected at 10Gbps. You should not have any connection limit problems.

• @andrewn said:
    How much data you need to backup? I might have a good deal for you.

How much reliable is your service? Backups are critical.

@rokok said:

Arjon said: I don't care about the price but i do care about the quality of the server/storage box.

Arjon said: I found about hetzner storage boxes and they seem pretty cheap

Amazon S3 might be your answer if you don't care price

I didn't think about it. Does it have any limitation?

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    We have high storage servers that are great for backup purposes in Incero's Seattle location:

https://subnetlabs.com/billing/cart.php?gid=11

You can use code: storagelaunch for 41.67% off the prices listed there. There is also an existing promotion if you pay annually for any plan storage250 and above, we will double your disk space if you ticket us after ordering.

Disk is SSD cached and nodes are connected at 10Gbps. You should not have any connection limit problems.

My servers are all located in Europe.

• @Arjon: I have been providing backup services for 2 years and its rock solid so far (knock-knock). I have sent you a PM.

Regards,

Arjon said: My servers are all located in Europe

which dc

• @Awmusic12635 said:

Arjon said: My servers are all located in Europe

which dc

Prometeus.net and hetzner

edited June 2016

Arjon said: Prometeus.net and hetzner

I do not think you would have that much of an issue with network speeds to and from our location.

hetzner's 10GB test file

Downloaded 10000.0 megabytes in 2:57 seconds. (57839.05 KB/s)

Prometeus's 1GB test file (was still increasing but they didn't have a larger test file):

Downloaded 1000.0 megabytes in 28 seconds. (36314.07 KB/s)

• alegeekalegeek Member
    edited June 2016

I signed up with time4vps today https://billing.time4vps.eu/cart/storage-server/&step=0

Service was provisioned quickly and I used duply to backup my VPS in London to my server there very quickly.

• FalzoFalzo Member

prometeus storage offer in NL? depending on how much space you are looking for that might fit the bill...

• @alegeek said:
    I signed up with time4vps today https://billing.time4vps.eu/cart/storage-server/&step=0

Service was provisioned quickly and I used duply to backup my VPS in London to my server there very quickly.

Do they use openvz? BTW what script do they use for the client area? It looks beautiful.

@Falzo said:
    prometeus storage offer in NL? depending on how much space you are looking for that might fit the bill...

Prometeus has a good service but I am not having good speeds with my vps and i will upgrade to a dedicated server in a few weeks so i have to use another service.

• Yeah it's OpenVZ - looks like hostbill.