Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH latency issues?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH latency issues?

Is anybody experiencing latency issues with OVH within the last 24 hours? 5 out of 6 of my dedicated servers have had latency issues.

(The 5 of them have permanent mitigation on while the other 1 which wasn't affected doesn't)

It started last night at 1am GMT+1 and stopped around 4am. Now throughout the day we've had VERY minor hickups, but big enough to cause our site to be detected as down by Cloudflare and our game to time people out while in-game. I was wondering if anybody has been having this issue?

I also spoke to two people on Twitter who have the same issue.

Thanks

P.S: I've spoken to OVH on Twitter and the phone but they deny having anything to do with it. The phone operator claimed he would contact the networking team and get back to me on what they say.

Comments

• I have issues with timeout between 3am UK time I simply run service network restart and issue got fixed have you tried this command sometimes it helps with OVH.

• SSH port on standard 22?

Checked system logs to make sure not filling up on open sockets, OVH up rangers get scanned hard, and I've seen VM's go crazy due to network limits being hit on the kennel level.

Thanked by 1GalaxyHostPlus
  • Yes we are having issues too since the past 48h.

• Definitely not our servers being hit with any sort of attack.
    There's no way an attacker would be able to fill the sockets of 5 huge dedi's to cripple at once for a few seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/CGYRByV.png
    http://i.imgur.com/wbkqGIK.png

^^ Latency over the last 3 hours.
    My friend also claims his dedi is having issues. Something is definitely wrong at OVH and they're either frantically working to fix it or just don't know. I must say though, their http://status.ovh.net/ is full of network issues and upgrades.

• They are doing tons of upgraded right now and have been last few months, some big changes going on in right direction.

Anyway are they all in same DC or spread?

• All over. 2 in Canada and 4 in France. 2 of the France ones are in the same DC and the other 2 are elsewhere.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

This morning around 4 AM (CST/GMT-6) they did some upgrades in Montreal (upgrading links, etc.), they also have maintenance tonight (tomorrow morning) around the same time for some more upgrades, however the upgrades overnight tonight shouldn't cause any routing issues/drops like it did last night. I don't notice any latency changes from my location, but if it did start I'd assume it will be fixed tonight. I did notice a slight increase in a certain building (?) but it was brief.

• Very weird to have all your servers effected in multiple locations, where there network would have multiple exit points your connectivity is taking per a location, which would rule out a certain route congested.

However as EVM Mike said, they are doing tons of upgraded at the moment, not that I can see this causing you such a wide spread issue, I have servers in all of OVH DC's and not noticed a single change on monitoring recently.

Not using vRack or any other non standard config?