Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to find a VPS in Melbourne, Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Trying to find a VPS in Melbourne, Australia

tymtym Member

Hello beautiful people!

Looking for a VPS located in Melbourne to build web apps on (Python, Node, Postgres, REDIS).

Specs required:
512MB ram *Prefer 1GB :)
SSD
OpenVZ is fine if it's the cheaper option.

Can anyone provide an offer or make a suggest?

Looking for something cheap annually that I can play around with and build project apps.

More than happy to work together and add your hosting company as sponsoring the website.

Thanks LET.

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

@Oliver from RansomIT is your best bet, prices are on the website.

• EricBEricB Member

@ATHK said:
    @Oliver from RansomIT is your best bet, prices are on the website.

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited June 2016

I have a server at OnACloud, https://onacloud.com.au/
    Hosted in Micron21 Melbourne
    They have a 50% off deal ATM: 50off (Promo expired)
    With above ~$5AUD $9.95 for KVM, 512MB RAM, 15GB Storage
    I use this to back up my RansomIT Server in Sydney (I like 2 companies, 2 cities for redundency)

• thatixthatix Member

If sydney is OK then you can consider Dediserve AU location, they use KVM. You can also consider hostus or hosthatch in Softlayer DC.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

The VZ plans I offer are in Micron21 facility in Melbourne as well for what it's worth.

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited June 2016

@oliver I somehow missed your Melbourne plans :/ sorry. For some reason I though was only Sydney/Adelaide/New Zealand.
    @tym I also highly recomend RansomIT

• tymtym Member

Thanks all!

I do have a HostHatch server already which I'm happy with (semi-annual deal).

Hey Oliver, do you have any annual VPS deals for OpenVZ in Melbourne :)

@tym it's not cheaper to pay annually in Melbourne at this stage. That is an expensive POP to offer services from compared to others so I can't offer better deals. The normal VZ plans can be paid annually though.

• tymtym Member

Thanks Oliver, I understand.

Happy to see your other deals if that's okay with you. As long as it's in Australia and it's fast for Melbourne usage.

Thanks again.

@tym sorry I should have written that different. I didn't mean to say that there are better deals running in other locations right now...

The standard plans listed at www.ransomit.com.au are what's on offer now. :-)